NBA Recap: Thunder Locks Down on West No. 2 with Road Win Over Los Angeles Clippers
April 10, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Thunder Locks Down on West No. 2 with Road Win Over Los Angeles Clippers
The Los Angeles Clippers had a big opportunity to get to the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference when they hosted West rivals Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday.
Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and the rest of the Thunder got off to a good start with a 29-22 first quarter and denied the Clippers their chance as OKC ran away with the 107-101 victory on the road.
Westbrook had 30 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists while Durant added 27 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals as OKC held off a Clippers rally in the latter part of the payoff period.
The Thunder had a dozen point advantage entering the fourth but the home team cut it to just two points, 102-100 with 46 seconds to go in the game.
L.A. was led by Blake Griffin, who had a double-double of 30 points and 12 rebounds. Chris Paul finished with 25 points and 8 assists while DeAndre Jordan had 10 points and 12 boards.
OKC improved to 57-21 with the win and remain in second place in the conference. Clippers are at 55-23 for third.
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools