NBA Recap: Thunder Locks Down on West No. 2 with Road Win Over Los Angeles Clippers
April 10, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Thunder Locks Down on West No. 2 with Road Win Over Los Angeles Clippers
The Los Angeles Clippers had a big opportunity to get to the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference when they hosted West rivals Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday.
Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and the rest of the Thunder got off to a good start with a 29-22 first quarter and denied the Clippers their chance as OKC ran away with the 107-101 victory on the road.
Westbrook had 30 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists while Durant added 27 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals as OKC held off a Clippers rally in the latter part of the payoff period.
The Thunder had a dozen point advantage entering the fourth but the home team cut it to just two points, 102-100 with 46 seconds to go in the game.
L.A. was led by Blake Griffin, who had a double-double of 30 points and 12 rebounds. Chris Paul finished with 25 points and 8 assists while DeAndre Jordan had 10 points and 12 boards.
OKC improved to 57-21 with the win and remain in second place in the conference. Clippers are at 55-23 for third.
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Lamar Odom Lets Slip the Opportunity of Playing in the NBA at His Own Free Will, New York Native Was ‘Unprofessional’ - Reports
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Delayed Galaxy Note 4 Release Date, Plastic-Wrapped Galaxy Alpha Likely as Samsung Internal Quarrel Intensifies – Reports
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company