NBA Recap: Thunder Locks Down on West No. 2 with Road Win Over Los Angeles Clippers
April 10, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Thunder Locks Down on West No. 2 with Road Win Over Los Angeles Clippers
The Los Angeles Clippers had a big opportunity to get to the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference when they hosted West rivals Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday.
Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant and the rest of the Thunder got off to a good start with a 29-22 first quarter and denied the Clippers their chance as OKC ran away with the 107-101 victory on the road.
Westbrook had 30 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists while Durant added 27 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals as OKC held off a Clippers rally in the latter part of the payoff period.
The Thunder had a dozen point advantage entering the fourth but the home team cut it to just two points, 102-100 with 46 seconds to go in the game.
L.A. was led by Blake Griffin, who had a double-double of 30 points and 12 rebounds. Chris Paul finished with 25 points and 8 assists while DeAndre Jordan had 10 points and 12 boards.
OKC improved to 57-21 with the win and remain in second place in the conference. Clippers are at 55-23 for third.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected