Anthony Mundine Not Going to Give Up
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 10, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Australian professional boxer and former rugby player, Anthony Mundine said he is not going to give up after recounting his sordid loss to Joshua Clottey.
While the boxing nation is sceptical of his return, Mundane confirmed that he was defeated simply for the application of wrong tactics to the former IBF welterweight world champion. Mundane was knocked down for five times at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Wednesday night.
The 38-year-old Mundine having lost his No.3 spot in WBA International super welterweight title was definitely a big blow. But Mundane cleared out saying, "I know I'm not done."
Though his dream to fight with Floyd Mayweather may not materialize, he still has lot to give in some domestic fights.
"I don't know what I want to do, I'll talk and sit with the team, I'm upset and it's an emotional time, so I don't want to make any rash decisions or say anything...I just want to get some rest and see what's next," Mundane said to AAP.
Mundane further admitted the fact that he could have tried to apply his jib more instead of attacking Clottey from inside.
"Joshua came and saw me in the dressing sheds after and said when I was jabbing I had him so frustrated but when I wasn't jabbing he was able to get inside and fire away...I wish I did jab more. That's the best punch in boxing and that was working for me, setting everything up...I probably did fight the wrong fight looking at it...I want to watch the tape and see where I got caught, how I got caught and how I could have been better defensively," Mundane further added.
The sheer power to turn the wheel in critical times earned Mundane a lot of applaud from critics and fans throughout his career.
"Anybody who has ever bagged Anthony Mundine should eat their words, because he showed so much heart and valour it was incredible...Maybe Choc will decide to give it away, he's had a great career. But knowing Choc' I don't think he will," IBF junior lightweight champion Barry Michael said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS