Anthony Mundine Not Going to Give Up
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 10, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Australian professional boxer and former rugby player, Anthony Mundine said he is not going to give up after recounting his sordid loss to Joshua Clottey.
While the boxing nation is sceptical of his return, Mundane confirmed that he was defeated simply for the application of wrong tactics to the former IBF welterweight world champion. Mundane was knocked down for five times at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre, Wednesday night.
The 38-year-old Mundine having lost his No.3 spot in WBA International super welterweight title was definitely a big blow. But Mundane cleared out saying, "I know I'm not done."
Though his dream to fight with Floyd Mayweather may not materialize, he still has lot to give in some domestic fights.
"I don't know what I want to do, I'll talk and sit with the team, I'm upset and it's an emotional time, so I don't want to make any rash decisions or say anything...I just want to get some rest and see what's next," Mundane said to AAP.
Mundane further admitted the fact that he could have tried to apply his jib more instead of attacking Clottey from inside.
"Joshua came and saw me in the dressing sheds after and said when I was jabbing I had him so frustrated but when I wasn't jabbing he was able to get inside and fire away...I wish I did jab more. That's the best punch in boxing and that was working for me, setting everything up...I probably did fight the wrong fight looking at it...I want to watch the tape and see where I got caught, how I got caught and how I could have been better defensively," Mundane further added.
The sheer power to turn the wheel in critical times earned Mundane a lot of applaud from critics and fans throughout his career.
"Anybody who has ever bagged Anthony Mundine should eat their words, because he showed so much heart and valour it was incredible...Maybe Choc will decide to give it away, he's had a great career. But knowing Choc' I don't think he will," IBF junior lightweight champion Barry Michael said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone