Official Rejects 'WikiLeaks' For a Baby Name, How About Other Techie Names?
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 10, 2014 2:56 PM EST
New parents cannot use WikiLeaks as name for their baby. But may explore other techie names for their beloved child.
This is what the registry officials in Passau, Germany did when they rejected the German couple last week for giving such name. They said this could probably put risk on the child.
In a news report from The Independent , Hajar Hamalaw, a 28-year old journalist and father, wanted to honor the web site which publishes various information from secret sources. They ended up using Dako for their baby's name although family members and friends still called the child "WikiLeaks."
The father could not hide his disappointment on the rejection and even pointed there are many people who named their child after the dog of US President Barack Obama. But a spokesman from the registry cleared the decision was based on a legal ruling that if a child's welfare is at stake, such name will not be granted.
If the name cannot be used, computer-adept parents can still take inspiration from other IT-related names. Two years ago, abs news report, mentioned an Egyptian couple named their baby Facebook in the advent of the social media's revolution.
Then there is the name Bingham which the son of popular Actress Kate Hudson and Olive which is the daughter's name of the actress Drew Barrymore. So what other techie names can babies have?
How about design and programming baby names like Axum, Link, Layer, Logo, Pixel, Tag, Ziron or Pascal? Parents can also use gadget and computer names like Acer, Apple, Firefly, Siri or Sony.
Tech-obsessed parents can also name their child based on Silicon Valley, Northern California where most technologies started. They can call their daughters with Claris after the company which produce the Apple software. Or maybe Lotus which is part of IBM's software corporation.
Meanwhile, parents can call their baby boys with Alef after a computer programming language, or perhaps Archie the first ever search engine in the internet. They can also use Darwin after the operating system of Apple.
Still running out of ideas on baby names? Perhaps the list of popular baby names for 2014 from Baby Center can give you better idea. Good luck on choosing baby names!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Family of Accidentally Killed Arizona Shooting Range Instructor Charles Vacca Feels Sorry For 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- US Teen Violently Disowned by Family for Being Gay Receives Over $90K Support From Strangers [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How