Official Rejects 'WikiLeaks' For a Baby Name, How About Other Techie Names?
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 10, 2014 2:56 PM EST
New parents cannot use WikiLeaks as name for their baby. But may explore other techie names for their beloved child.
This is what the registry officials in Passau, Germany did when they rejected the German couple last week for giving such name. They said this could probably put risk on the child.
In a news report from The Independent , Hajar Hamalaw, a 28-year old journalist and father, wanted to honor the web site which publishes various information from secret sources. They ended up using Dako for their baby's name although family members and friends still called the child "WikiLeaks."
The father could not hide his disappointment on the rejection and even pointed there are many people who named their child after the dog of US President Barack Obama. But a spokesman from the registry cleared the decision was based on a legal ruling that if a child's welfare is at stake, such name will not be granted.
If the name cannot be used, computer-adept parents can still take inspiration from other IT-related names. Two years ago, abs news report, mentioned an Egyptian couple named their baby Facebook in the advent of the social media's revolution.
Then there is the name Bingham which the son of popular Actress Kate Hudson and Olive which is the daughter's name of the actress Drew Barrymore. So what other techie names can babies have?
How about design and programming baby names like Axum, Link, Layer, Logo, Pixel, Tag, Ziron or Pascal? Parents can also use gadget and computer names like Acer, Apple, Firefly, Siri or Sony.
Tech-obsessed parents can also name their child based on Silicon Valley, Northern California where most technologies started. They can call their daughters with Claris after the company which produce the Apple software. Or maybe Lotus which is part of IBM's software corporation.
Meanwhile, parents can call their baby boys with Alef after a computer programming language, or perhaps Archie the first ever search engine in the internet. They can also use Darwin after the operating system of Apple.
Still running out of ideas on baby names? Perhaps the list of popular baby names for 2014 from Baby Center can give you better idea. Good luck on choosing baby names!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS