Alessandro Del Piero in a State of Limbo
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 10, 2014 2:22 PM EST
It may be the final call for Alessandro Del Piero as he admitted that the upcoming match on Sunday against Perth Glory may be his last home game for Sydney FC.
The future of Del Piero with Sydney FC is in a state of confusion as the club would probably skip the contract for next season.
The upcoming encounter between Sydney FC and Perth Glory on Sunday at Allianz Stadium may see some dramatic event as Del Piero would probably declare, while former captain Terry McFlynn is slated to retire from the camp. It will also be the last match for Perth skipper Jacob Burns retiring from A-League series.
Del Piero confirmed that he was in discussion with the club but admitted the fact that Sunday may be his last match.
"It could be honestly at the moment ... We have already had a chat with the owners and with (chairman) Scott (Barlow) and we are ready to talk at the end of the season ... We will do the best thing for everyone, but I don't think about that at the moment ... Sunday will be a great game because there are many different things around this game ... But we just enjoy Burns' retirement, McFlynn's retirement and hopefully a win," Del Piero said on Thursday.
Meanwhile, the Italian superstar is all ready to put up a challenging fight against Perth. He is especially looking forward to play against Jacob Burns of Perth who always acts as a wall to Piero.
"I've prepared double shin pads, two in the front and two in the back ... I really enjoy playing against him, it will be an honour to play against him on Sunday, it's been a great career for him," Del Piero added.
The Sky Blues are getting ready to tame Perth Glory and secure a spot in sixth or seventh position in the chart. However, that also depends upon the match result of Newcastle against Adelaide, slated on Friday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation