Texas Family Catches 'Chupacabra'—Is it Real?
By Sachin Trivedi | April 10, 2014 2:22 PM EST
A Texas family raised a few eyebrows recently when they claimed to have captured a "Chupacabra." Many people are quick to dismiss it while others believe it to be the legendary creature that people have been hunting for a long time.
According to legend, a Chupacabra is an animal with habits like a vampire. The animal is supposed to suck blood of livestock such as goats and chicken. Many people have gone looking for the elusive creature in the past and failed.
The Texas family in Dewitt County reportedly found the creature eating corn on their property. The dark and hairless creature looks more like a large dog and is believed to be a baby Chupacabra. It is currently being fed corn and cat food.
The pictures and video of the animal have gone viral with many people taking a keen interest in the animal. Many believe that the legendary creature has finally been captured while others still remain skeptical.
One of the reasons why people may call the captured creature as the Chupacabra is its dark complexion and hairless skin, which some people find scary. However, an animal expert, biologist Brent Ortego of Texas Parks and Wildlife, believe that the creature was likely a dog, fox or coyote and may be suffering from a bad case of mange.
Another reason people are calling the creature the Chupacabra is they don't know what else to call it. Just like other legendary creatures, claims of spotting the animal are routine with both the believers and skeptics debating over it.
Perhaps the best way to determine what species the captured animal belongs to would be a DNA test. In the past, many of the animals that were believed to be the Chupacabra turned out to be coyotes or dogs with mange, reports NY Daily News.
The debate is raging on social media like Twitter. The identity of the captured creature, which some believe to be a hairless raccoon because of its paws, is still not certain. But people are interested to know what the creature is, even those who don't believe it to be the Chupacabra.
Has the Chupacabra finally been captured? Or will this find turn out to be another disappointment for people who strongly believe in the existence of the creature? The hunt for the mythical creature, however, continues.
More Articles to Read
'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'—Do Fans Hate the New Look? [Read]
Missing Plane MH370: Malaysian Prime Minister Speaks to Tony Abbot [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 1 Recap and Spoilers [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- MH370 Search Update: Was Reported That Experts Claim To Know The Possible Location; Suggest Authorities To Look ‘Further South In The Indian Ocean’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- 5 Things You Should Know About House Training Your Pets
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money