Texas Family Catches 'Chupacabra'—Is it Real?
By Sachin Trivedi | April 10, 2014 2:22 PM EST
A Texas family raised a few eyebrows recently when they claimed to have captured a "Chupacabra." Many people are quick to dismiss it while others believe it to be the legendary creature that people have been hunting for a long time.
According to legend, a Chupacabra is an animal with habits like a vampire. The animal is supposed to suck blood of livestock such as goats and chicken. Many people have gone looking for the elusive creature in the past and failed.
The Texas family in Dewitt County reportedly found the creature eating corn on their property. The dark and hairless creature looks more like a large dog and is believed to be a baby Chupacabra. It is currently being fed corn and cat food.
The pictures and video of the animal have gone viral with many people taking a keen interest in the animal. Many believe that the legendary creature has finally been captured while others still remain skeptical.
One of the reasons why people may call the captured creature as the Chupacabra is its dark complexion and hairless skin, which some people find scary. However, an animal expert, biologist Brent Ortego of Texas Parks and Wildlife, believe that the creature was likely a dog, fox or coyote and may be suffering from a bad case of mange.
Another reason people are calling the creature the Chupacabra is they don't know what else to call it. Just like other legendary creatures, claims of spotting the animal are routine with both the believers and skeptics debating over it.
Perhaps the best way to determine what species the captured animal belongs to would be a DNA test. In the past, many of the animals that were believed to be the Chupacabra turned out to be coyotes or dogs with mange, reports NY Daily News.
The debate is raging on social media like Twitter. The identity of the captured creature, which some believe to be a hairless raccoon because of its paws, is still not certain. But people are interested to know what the creature is, even those who don't believe it to be the Chupacabra.
Has the Chupacabra finally been captured? Or will this find turn out to be another disappointment for people who strongly believe in the existence of the creature? The hunt for the mythical creature, however, continues.
More Articles to Read
'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'—Do Fans Hate the New Look? [Read]
Missing Plane MH370: Malaysian Prime Minister Speaks to Tony Abbot [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 1 Recap and Spoilers [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Woman Posts Ad for Herself As 'Professional Bridesmaid' On Craigslist
- Mass Panic Over Houston's 'Blinking Lights' in the Sky; UFO Sceptics Still Not Convinced
- American Journalist Steven Sotloff at Risk of Beheading Too If US Gov’t Refuses to Pay $100 Million Ransom to Islamic State Like It Did With James Foley
- Social Gap Between New Zealand Ethnic Groups 'Worsening'
- Autistic Business Owners Capitalize On Strengths For Success
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop