Rajinikanth-Deepika Padukone's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Officially Confirmed to Release on 9 May
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 10, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Rajinikanth's magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" has finally gotten an official release date.
The epic drama flick is confirmed to hit screens on 9 May across the globe. Mediaone Global Entertainment, the co-producer of "Kochadaiiyaan", announced the film's release date on their twitter handle.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
Earlier, there were reports that the film will be hitting screens on 1 May ("Labour Day" holiday) as the Rajinikanth starrer will get a four-day long weekend. However, the makers seem to have decided to release it on 9 May after the Lok Sabha elections are over in the country.
The general elections kicked off on Monday (7 April) and will end on 12 May. The date 9 May seems to be ideal for "Kochadaiiyaan" release as the elections will be over in most parts of country by 7 May.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Rajinikanth's second daughter Soundarya. The Rajini starrer, deemed as India's first 3D performance capture, photorealistic film, will be hitting screens on a massive scale across the globe.
For the first time in the history on Indian cinema, "Kochadaiiyaan" will reportedly be releasing in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Bhojpuri. The Tamil and Hindi version of the film is named "Kochadaiiyaan," while the Telugu version is titled as "Vikramasimha."
The Soundarya directorial has been in the making for more than a year. As the film involves a lot of computer graphics and other advanced technologies, its release has been delayed.
With the film officially confirmed to release on 9 May, it will be a big treat for superstar's fans, who have been eagerly waiting to see their thalaivar grace the silver screen after a span of nearly four years when his last film "Endhiran" ("Robot") hit the screens.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan," which boasts of an ensemble supporting cast including Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar and Shobana.
The film's music is composed by AR Rahman, whereas cinematography is handled by Rajiv Menon
The magnum opus, made on a whopping budget of ₹125 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and MediaOne Global Entertainment.
"Kochadaiiyaan" will have a solo big release on 9 May and will undoubtedly take a fantastic opening on the first day.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation