Rajinikanth-Deepika Padukone's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Officially Confirmed to Release on 9 May
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 10, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Rajinikanth's magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" has finally gotten an official release date.
The epic drama flick is confirmed to hit screens on 9 May across the globe. Mediaone Global Entertainment, the co-producer of "Kochadaiiyaan", announced the film's release date on their twitter handle.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
Earlier, there were reports that the film will be hitting screens on 1 May ("Labour Day" holiday) as the Rajinikanth starrer will get a four-day long weekend. However, the makers seem to have decided to release it on 9 May after the Lok Sabha elections are over in the country.
The general elections kicked off on Monday (7 April) and will end on 12 May. The date 9 May seems to be ideal for "Kochadaiiyaan" release as the elections will be over in most parts of country by 7 May.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Rajinikanth's second daughter Soundarya. The Rajini starrer, deemed as India's first 3D performance capture, photorealistic film, will be hitting screens on a massive scale across the globe.
For the first time in the history on Indian cinema, "Kochadaiiyaan" will reportedly be releasing in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Bhojpuri. The Tamil and Hindi version of the film is named "Kochadaiiyaan," while the Telugu version is titled as "Vikramasimha."
The Soundarya directorial has been in the making for more than a year. As the film involves a lot of computer graphics and other advanced technologies, its release has been delayed.
With the film officially confirmed to release on 9 May, it will be a big treat for superstar's fans, who have been eagerly waiting to see their thalaivar grace the silver screen after a span of nearly four years when his last film "Endhiran" ("Robot") hit the screens.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan," which boasts of an ensemble supporting cast including Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar and Shobana.
The film's music is composed by AR Rahman, whereas cinematography is handled by Rajiv Menon
The magnum opus, made on a whopping budget of ₹125 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and MediaOne Global Entertainment.
"Kochadaiiyaan" will have a solo big release on 9 May and will undoubtedly take a fantastic opening on the first day.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight