Rajinikanth-Deepika Padukone's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Officially Confirmed to Release on 9 May
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 10, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Rajinikanth's magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" has finally gotten an official release date.
The epic drama flick is confirmed to hit screens on 9 May across the globe. Mediaone Global Entertainment, the co-producer of "Kochadaiiyaan", announced the film's release date on their twitter handle.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
Earlier, there were reports that the film will be hitting screens on 1 May ("Labour Day" holiday) as the Rajinikanth starrer will get a four-day long weekend. However, the makers seem to have decided to release it on 9 May after the Lok Sabha elections are over in the country.
The general elections kicked off on Monday (7 April) and will end on 12 May. The date 9 May seems to be ideal for "Kochadaiiyaan" release as the elections will be over in most parts of country by 7 May.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Rajinikanth's second daughter Soundarya. The Rajini starrer, deemed as India's first 3D performance capture, photorealistic film, will be hitting screens on a massive scale across the globe.
For the first time in the history on Indian cinema, "Kochadaiiyaan" will reportedly be releasing in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Bhojpuri. The Tamil and Hindi version of the film is named "Kochadaiiyaan," while the Telugu version is titled as "Vikramasimha."
The Soundarya directorial has been in the making for more than a year. As the film involves a lot of computer graphics and other advanced technologies, its release has been delayed.
With the film officially confirmed to release on 9 May, it will be a big treat for superstar's fans, who have been eagerly waiting to see their thalaivar grace the silver screen after a span of nearly four years when his last film "Endhiran" ("Robot") hit the screens.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan," which boasts of an ensemble supporting cast including Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar and Shobana.
The film's music is composed by AR Rahman, whereas cinematography is handled by Rajiv Menon
The magnum opus, made on a whopping budget of ₹125 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and MediaOne Global Entertainment.
"Kochadaiiyaan" will have a solo big release on 9 May and will undoubtedly take a fantastic opening on the first day.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June