Rajinikanth-Deepika Padukone's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Officially Confirmed to Release on 9 May
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 10, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Rajinikanth's magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" has finally gotten an official release date.
The epic drama flick is confirmed to hit screens on 9 May across the globe. Mediaone Global Entertainment, the co-producer of "Kochadaiiyaan", announced the film's release date on their twitter handle.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
Earlier, there were reports that the film will be hitting screens on 1 May ("Labour Day" holiday) as the Rajinikanth starrer will get a four-day long weekend. However, the makers seem to have decided to release it on 9 May after the Lok Sabha elections are over in the country.
The general elections kicked off on Monday (7 April) and will end on 12 May. The date 9 May seems to be ideal for "Kochadaiiyaan" release as the elections will be over in most parts of country by 7 May.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Rajinikanth's second daughter Soundarya. The Rajini starrer, deemed as India's first 3D performance capture, photorealistic film, will be hitting screens on a massive scale across the globe.
For the first time in the history on Indian cinema, "Kochadaiiyaan" will reportedly be releasing in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Bhojpuri. The Tamil and Hindi version of the film is named "Kochadaiiyaan," while the Telugu version is titled as "Vikramasimha."
The Soundarya directorial has been in the making for more than a year. As the film involves a lot of computer graphics and other advanced technologies, its release has been delayed.
With the film officially confirmed to release on 9 May, it will be a big treat for superstar's fans, who have been eagerly waiting to see their thalaivar grace the silver screen after a span of nearly four years when his last film "Endhiran" ("Robot") hit the screens.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan," which boasts of an ensemble supporting cast including Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar and Shobana.
The film's music is composed by AR Rahman, whereas cinematography is handled by Rajiv Menon
The magnum opus, made on a whopping budget of ₹125 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and MediaOne Global Entertainment.
"Kochadaiiyaan" will have a solo big release on 9 May and will undoubtedly take a fantastic opening on the first day.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide