Rajinikanth-Deepika Padukone's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Officially Confirmed to Release on 9 May
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 10, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Rajinikanth's magnum opus "Kochadaiiyaan" has finally gotten an official release date.
The epic drama flick is confirmed to hit screens on 9 May across the globe. Mediaone Global Entertainment, the co-producer of "Kochadaiiyaan", announced the film's release date on their twitter handle.
Rajinikanth in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
Earlier, there were reports that the film will be hitting screens on 1 May ("Labour Day" holiday) as the Rajinikanth starrer will get a four-day long weekend. However, the makers seem to have decided to release it on 9 May after the Lok Sabha elections are over in the country.
The general elections kicked off on Monday (7 April) and will end on 12 May. The date 9 May seems to be ideal for "Kochadaiiyaan" release as the elections will be over in most parts of country by 7 May.
"Kochadaiiyaan" marks the directorial debut of Rajinikanth's second daughter Soundarya. The Rajini starrer, deemed as India's first 3D performance capture, photorealistic film, will be hitting screens on a massive scale across the globe.
For the first time in the history on Indian cinema, "Kochadaiiyaan" will reportedly be releasing in six languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and Bhojpuri. The Tamil and Hindi version of the film is named "Kochadaiiyaan," while the Telugu version is titled as "Vikramasimha."
The Soundarya directorial has been in the making for more than a year. As the film involves a lot of computer graphics and other advanced technologies, its release has been delayed.
With the film officially confirmed to release on 9 May, it will be a big treat for superstar's fans, who have been eagerly waiting to see their thalaivar grace the silver screen after a span of nearly four years when his last film "Endhiran" ("Robot") hit the screens.
Expectations are sky high for "Kochadaiiyaan," which boasts of an ensemble supporting cast including Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, Aadhi, Sarathkumar, Nassar and Shobana.
The film's music is composed by AR Rahman, whereas cinematography is handled by Rajiv Menon
The magnum opus, made on a whopping budget of ₹125 crore, is jointly produced by Eros International and MediaOne Global Entertainment.
"Kochadaiiyaan" will have a solo big release on 9 May and will undoubtedly take a fantastic opening on the first day.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]