Sony Xperia Z2 Australia and Canada Release Date Delayed Till May 2014; UK Supplies Coming in April
By Ryan Inoyori | April 10, 2014 2:12 PM EST
Two biggest mobile device stores in UK confirmed the arrival of Sony Xperia Z2 on April 14th while general release will commence on May 1st. Xperia Z2 is now available in Singapore but when will it arrive in Australia, Canada and the United States?
April 14th Release Date
Sony Xperia Z2 will become available in United Kingdom on April 14th via mobile phone retailers such as Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U, and local network carriers. According to the two online retailers, stocks of Xperia Z2 will begin shipment on the 14th this month for all pre-orders made by consumers. Carphone Warehouse is offering Sony Xperia Z2 under EE, O2 and Vodafone while Phones 4U offers the smartphone under EE and Vodafone.
Sony Xperia Z2 from Carphone Warehouse starts at £42 per month with contract and services vary depending on which network carrier. Phones 4U offer deals with one year Gourmet Society Membership and a white portable Sony Wireless Speaker for every pre-order of Xperia Z2.
Australia and Canada
Stocks of Sony Xperia Z2 won't be a problem anymore in UK but in the case of Australia and Canada, interested buyers will have to wait a little longer. According GSMArena, Sony Xperia Z2 will arrive in Canada next month and Bell is the first-hand seller of the flagship smartphone.
In Australia, Xperia Z2 official release date remains unannounced and based on the official Sony Mobile site in the region it is still "coming soon." Vodafone will likely offer the smartphone due to their experience on selling other Xperia devices in the region including the former flagship Xperia Z.
Originally, Sony Mobile planned the month of April as official global release of Xperia Z2 but due to high demands by consumers, supply shortages occurred. Reports claim that Xperia Z2 will become available to most places within Sony's supply chains around May 2014 and June as latest date set in Hong Kong.
Sony Xperia Z2 remains unavailable in the United States and will likely to be offered by T-Mobile once shipment of supplies commence.
As of now, Xperia Z2 is only available in Singapore after Sony Mobile launched the device recently. Local network carriers in the country are now offering the latest smartphone from Sony but some users are complaining issues regarding the device.
First complain includes a chassis gap that is obvious among white variant of Xperia Z2 as if the display screen was not properly aligned. Sony Mobile suggests owners to visit service centres in order to test water-resistance feature.
Second complain is about the overheating in the camera which forces the app to close. It is related to the 4K video recording that consumes a lot of power, data processing and memory. According to Sony Mobile, users must install a high capacity microSD card and perform 4K recording no longer than a few minutes.
Sony Mobile has not announced any firmware updates yet to fix the overheating, intense processing and memory optimisation regarding the 4K video recording problem.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report