Sony Xperia Z2 Australia and Canada Release Date Delayed Till May 2014; UK Supplies Coming in April
By Ryan Inoyori | April 10, 2014 2:12 PM EST
Two biggest mobile device stores in UK confirmed the arrival of Sony Xperia Z2 on April 14th while general release will commence on May 1st. Xperia Z2 is now available in Singapore but when will it arrive in Australia, Canada and the United States?
April 14th Release Date
Sony Xperia Z2 will become available in United Kingdom on April 14th via mobile phone retailers such as Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4U, and local network carriers. According to the two online retailers, stocks of Xperia Z2 will begin shipment on the 14th this month for all pre-orders made by consumers. Carphone Warehouse is offering Sony Xperia Z2 under EE, O2 and Vodafone while Phones 4U offers the smartphone under EE and Vodafone.
Sony Xperia Z2 from Carphone Warehouse starts at £42 per month with contract and services vary depending on which network carrier. Phones 4U offer deals with one year Gourmet Society Membership and a white portable Sony Wireless Speaker for every pre-order of Xperia Z2.
Australia and Canada
Stocks of Sony Xperia Z2 won't be a problem anymore in UK but in the case of Australia and Canada, interested buyers will have to wait a little longer. According GSMArena, Sony Xperia Z2 will arrive in Canada next month and Bell is the first-hand seller of the flagship smartphone.
In Australia, Xperia Z2 official release date remains unannounced and based on the official Sony Mobile site in the region it is still "coming soon." Vodafone will likely offer the smartphone due to their experience on selling other Xperia devices in the region including the former flagship Xperia Z.
Originally, Sony Mobile planned the month of April as official global release of Xperia Z2 but due to high demands by consumers, supply shortages occurred. Reports claim that Xperia Z2 will become available to most places within Sony's supply chains around May 2014 and June as latest date set in Hong Kong.
Sony Xperia Z2 remains unavailable in the United States and will likely to be offered by T-Mobile once shipment of supplies commence.
As of now, Xperia Z2 is only available in Singapore after Sony Mobile launched the device recently. Local network carriers in the country are now offering the latest smartphone from Sony but some users are complaining issues regarding the device.
First complain includes a chassis gap that is obvious among white variant of Xperia Z2 as if the display screen was not properly aligned. Sony Mobile suggests owners to visit service centres in order to test water-resistance feature.
Second complain is about the overheating in the camera which forces the app to close. It is related to the 4K video recording that consumes a lot of power, data processing and memory. According to Sony Mobile, users must install a high capacity microSD card and perform 4K recording no longer than a few minutes.
Sony Mobile has not announced any firmware updates yet to fix the overheating, intense processing and memory optimisation regarding the 4K video recording problem.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?