Europe's Regulator to Inspect Ranbaxy's India Plant in June
April 10, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Europe's drug regulator said on Wednesday an inspection of Indian generic drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd's(RANB.NS) Dewas plant in India is planned for June, amid concerns about its production processes after a spate of regulatory sanctions.
Sun Pharma to Buy Ranbaxy in $3.2 Billion all-share Deal
Ranbaxy, which owner Japan's Daiichi Sankyo Ltd (4568.T) agreed to sell it to Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) for $3.2 billion on Monday, suspended production at the Dewas plant in February to examine processes.
The company's voluntary suspension at Dewas and another plant in Toansa in the northern Punjab state in February, came after a spate of sanctions against it by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) due to poor manufacturing processes.
Ranbaxy informed authorities in the European Union that its internal investigation revealed the Dewas site failed some so-called good manufacturing practices, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said in a statement issued to Reuters.
A Ranbaxy spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the EMA statement.
Imports from Dewas had already been banned by the FDA back in 2008 after the agency found violations of drug manufacturing standards there. The FDA has also banned shipments from the three other Ranbaxy plants in India.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones