Europe's Regulator to Inspect Ranbaxy's India Plant in June
April 10, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Europe's drug regulator said on Wednesday an inspection of Indian generic drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd's(RANB.NS) Dewas plant in India is planned for June, amid concerns about its production processes after a spate of regulatory sanctions.
Sun Pharma to Buy Ranbaxy in $3.2 Billion all-share Deal
Ranbaxy, which owner Japan's Daiichi Sankyo Ltd (4568.T) agreed to sell it to Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) for $3.2 billion on Monday, suspended production at the Dewas plant in February to examine processes.
The company's voluntary suspension at Dewas and another plant in Toansa in the northern Punjab state in February, came after a spate of sanctions against it by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) due to poor manufacturing processes.
Ranbaxy informed authorities in the European Union that its internal investigation revealed the Dewas site failed some so-called good manufacturing practices, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said in a statement issued to Reuters.
A Ranbaxy spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the EMA statement.
Imports from Dewas had already been banned by the FDA back in 2008 after the agency found violations of drug manufacturing standards there. The FDA has also banned shipments from the three other Ranbaxy plants in India.
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best