Europe's Regulator to Inspect Ranbaxy's India Plant in June
April 10, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Europe's drug regulator said on Wednesday an inspection of Indian generic drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd's(RANB.NS) Dewas plant in India is planned for June, amid concerns about its production processes after a spate of regulatory sanctions.
Sun Pharma to Buy Ranbaxy in $3.2 Billion all-share Deal
Ranbaxy, which owner Japan's Daiichi Sankyo Ltd (4568.T) agreed to sell it to Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) for $3.2 billion on Monday, suspended production at the Dewas plant in February to examine processes.
The company's voluntary suspension at Dewas and another plant in Toansa in the northern Punjab state in February, came after a spate of sanctions against it by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) due to poor manufacturing processes.
Ranbaxy informed authorities in the European Union that its internal investigation revealed the Dewas site failed some so-called good manufacturing practices, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said in a statement issued to Reuters.
A Ranbaxy spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the EMA statement.
Imports from Dewas had already been banned by the FDA back in 2008 after the agency found violations of drug manufacturing standards there. The FDA has also banned shipments from the three other Ranbaxy plants in India.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected