Jay-Z Will Not Be Kanye West's Best Man Because of the Kardashians
By Annie Dee | April 10, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Jay Z might be Kanye West's best friend, but he certainly is not chummy with Kim Kardashian and the rest of the clan, or at least his words and actions appear so. In fact, his discomfort with being associated with the "Keeping up with the Kardashians" propelled him to say no to being Kanye's best man on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to sign prenuptial agreement
The celebrity "wedding of the year" is already nearing, and everyone is excited to be part of the grand celebration in Paris but apparently, not Jay-Z. Considering he is Kanye West's best friend, his possible absence on the important day and on the entourage is certainly intriguing. According to Hollywood Life, this is because Jay-Z is not happy to be associated to an event that is going to be featured on the stellar reality show, "Keeping up with the Kardashians."
"Of course, Kanye asked Jay to be his best man at the wedding. But Jay politely declined the request," Hollywood Life reveals. "Jay just didn't want to be associated with the Kardashian reality show. Kanye told Jay he understands why he would decline, but he's still very hurt."
Your best friend turning down to be part of your most important day is bound to hurt, and it's hard to see why Jay-Z will even do that even if he has his reasons. Jay-Z and Kanye West had even collaborated on n their hit song , "N--s in Paris", and it is widely known how close the two of them are in the industry.
While Jay-Z's reasons might be understood by Kanye West, albeit he is a bit pained by the turn of the events, the Kardashian clan will certainly think this is offensive, if not possibly livid. This might imply Jay-Z is embarrassed by Kim's family or does not even like Kim for Kanye. On the other hand, they'll probably think this is completely logical too. Their show is not necessarily for people who are sticklers for privacy, which Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce are. An earlier report had already come out claiming Beyonce called the wedding "tacky".
The more important question however now is, who is going to be Kanye West's best man on this very big day?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate