Jay-Z Will Not Be Kanye West's Best Man Because of the Kardashians
By Annie Dee | April 10, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Jay Z might be Kanye West's best friend, but he certainly is not chummy with Kim Kardashian and the rest of the clan, or at least his words and actions appear so. In fact, his discomfort with being associated with the "Keeping up with the Kardashians" propelled him to say no to being Kanye's best man on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to sign prenuptial agreement
The celebrity "wedding of the year" is already nearing, and everyone is excited to be part of the grand celebration in Paris but apparently, not Jay-Z. Considering he is Kanye West's best friend, his possible absence on the important day and on the entourage is certainly intriguing. According to Hollywood Life, this is because Jay-Z is not happy to be associated to an event that is going to be featured on the stellar reality show, "Keeping up with the Kardashians."
"Of course, Kanye asked Jay to be his best man at the wedding. But Jay politely declined the request," Hollywood Life reveals. "Jay just didn't want to be associated with the Kardashian reality show. Kanye told Jay he understands why he would decline, but he's still very hurt."
Your best friend turning down to be part of your most important day is bound to hurt, and it's hard to see why Jay-Z will even do that even if he has his reasons. Jay-Z and Kanye West had even collaborated on n their hit song , "N--s in Paris", and it is widely known how close the two of them are in the industry.
While Jay-Z's reasons might be understood by Kanye West, albeit he is a bit pained by the turn of the events, the Kardashian clan will certainly think this is offensive, if not possibly livid. This might imply Jay-Z is embarrassed by Kim's family or does not even like Kim for Kanye. On the other hand, they'll probably think this is completely logical too. Their show is not necessarily for people who are sticklers for privacy, which Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce are. An earlier report had already come out claiming Beyonce called the wedding "tacky".
The more important question however now is, who is going to be Kanye West's best man on this very big day?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage