Jay-Z Will Not Be Kanye West's Best Man Because of the Kardashians
By Annie Dee | April 10, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Jay Z might be Kanye West's best friend, but he certainly is not chummy with Kim Kardashian and the rest of the clan, or at least his words and actions appear so. In fact, his discomfort with being associated with the "Keeping up with the Kardashians" propelled him to say no to being Kanye's best man on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to sign prenuptial agreement
The celebrity "wedding of the year" is already nearing, and everyone is excited to be part of the grand celebration in Paris but apparently, not Jay-Z. Considering he is Kanye West's best friend, his possible absence on the important day and on the entourage is certainly intriguing. According to Hollywood Life, this is because Jay-Z is not happy to be associated to an event that is going to be featured on the stellar reality show, "Keeping up with the Kardashians."
"Of course, Kanye asked Jay to be his best man at the wedding. But Jay politely declined the request," Hollywood Life reveals. "Jay just didn't want to be associated with the Kardashian reality show. Kanye told Jay he understands why he would decline, but he's still very hurt."
Your best friend turning down to be part of your most important day is bound to hurt, and it's hard to see why Jay-Z will even do that even if he has his reasons. Jay-Z and Kanye West had even collaborated on n their hit song , "N--s in Paris", and it is widely known how close the two of them are in the industry.
While Jay-Z's reasons might be understood by Kanye West, albeit he is a bit pained by the turn of the events, the Kardashian clan will certainly think this is offensive, if not possibly livid. This might imply Jay-Z is embarrassed by Kim's family or does not even like Kim for Kanye. On the other hand, they'll probably think this is completely logical too. Their show is not necessarily for people who are sticklers for privacy, which Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce are. An earlier report had already come out claiming Beyonce called the wedding "tacky".
The more important question however now is, who is going to be Kanye West's best man on this very big day?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles