Jay-Z Will Not Be Kanye West's Best Man Because of the Kardashians
By Annie Dee | April 10, 2014 2:04 PM EST
Jay Z might be Kanye West's best friend, but he certainly is not chummy with Kim Kardashian and the rest of the clan, or at least his words and actions appear so. In fact, his discomfort with being associated with the "Keeping up with the Kardashians" propelled him to say no to being Kanye's best man on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to sign prenuptial agreement
The celebrity "wedding of the year" is already nearing, and everyone is excited to be part of the grand celebration in Paris but apparently, not Jay-Z. Considering he is Kanye West's best friend, his possible absence on the important day and on the entourage is certainly intriguing. According to Hollywood Life, this is because Jay-Z is not happy to be associated to an event that is going to be featured on the stellar reality show, "Keeping up with the Kardashians."
"Of course, Kanye asked Jay to be his best man at the wedding. But Jay politely declined the request," Hollywood Life reveals. "Jay just didn't want to be associated with the Kardashian reality show. Kanye told Jay he understands why he would decline, but he's still very hurt."
Your best friend turning down to be part of your most important day is bound to hurt, and it's hard to see why Jay-Z will even do that even if he has his reasons. Jay-Z and Kanye West had even collaborated on n their hit song , "N--s in Paris", and it is widely known how close the two of them are in the industry.
While Jay-Z's reasons might be understood by Kanye West, albeit he is a bit pained by the turn of the events, the Kardashian clan will certainly think this is offensive, if not possibly livid. This might imply Jay-Z is embarrassed by Kim's family or does not even like Kim for Kanye. On the other hand, they'll probably think this is completely logical too. Their show is not necessarily for people who are sticklers for privacy, which Jay-Z and his wife, Beyonce are. An earlier report had already come out claiming Beyonce called the wedding "tacky".
The more important question however now is, who is going to be Kanye West's best man on this very big day?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones