Naya Rivera's Jealous Streak and Controlling Nature Cost Her An Engagement, Scared Off Big Sean?
By Annie Dee | April 10, 2014 1:47 PM EST
Everyone was shocked to hear Big Sean call off his engagement with "Glee" star Naya Rivera. However, recent reports on the reason why might shed light on the matter.
Naya Rivera poses with the award she won for favorite TV gal pal for her role in the series "Glee" at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Rumors claimedn that Big Sean, 26, is seeing someone else. A new report however comes out to clarify the reason why the engagement was called off and it might be Naya's fault after all.
According to Hollywood Life, Big Sean called off the engagement because Naya Rivera scared him with her jealous streak and controlling nature. Big Sean thinks Naya is jealous all the time even though there is really no one to be jealous of. The reports go on to add that Naya doubted Big Sean all the time which made him think twice of marrying her.
"She got jealous so fast that it threw Big Sean off guard," according to Hollywood Life source "He tried to adapt to it and fix it because he was in love with her but it just got to be way too much and it was just one thing after another."
Some jealousy is cute but too much can be scary and stifling. In addition, Naya is too controlling which does not bode well for Sean, especially if he had to ward off accusations of cheating all the time with Naya. Love may not be enough on these circumstances.
"Sean also felt that she was controlling and he didn't like that," Hollywood Life reports. "He thought they should have had a more even and relaxed relationship, which happened at first but it definitely took a turn for the worse fast."
Early on, Big Sean's rep shocked the world with an official statement that the engagement between the two is now off. After all, the two had been nothing but chummy and sweet in front of the camera for everyone to see. Rarely do you hear about them fighting or engaged in some couple controversies, so to hear the engagement is off is quite intriguing.
According to the statement: "After careful thought and much consideration, Sean has made the difficult decision to call the wedding off. The recent rumours and accusations reported by so called or fake sources are simply untrue. Sean wishes Naya nothing but the best and it is still his hope that they can continue to work through their issues privately. We will not be commenting again on this matter."
The question remains though that If Naya is too clingy, controlling and jealous, how come she could immediately move on from Big Sean? Following the announcement of the split, Naya unfollowed her ex on Twitter, which goes to show that she is not the chasing type. Speculations aside however, Naya might be in need of a big hug right now. Getting dumped by someone you are already engaged to is bound to hurt, a lot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List