Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Casting News: Actor Matt Gerald Cast as Villain in Upcoming Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 10, 2014 1:40 PM EST
The list of cast members for Marvel's upcoming superhero movie project titled "Ant-Man" continues to grow and get longer with the addition of actor Matt Gerald. The casting reports reveal that the "Avatar" actor got cast to portray a villainous character in the upcoming movie.
The Deadline report on Friday, April 4, reads: "Matt Gerald has joined the cast of Marvel's Ant-Man for director Edgar Wright. Paul Rudd stars at the titular superhero, alongside Patrick Wilson, Michael Douglas and Michael Pena. Gerald will play one of the bad guys."
The report further noted that the new "Ant-Man" cast member, repped by APA and Benderspink, recently wrapped up filming "Solace" where he portrays the character Sloman opposite co-stars Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell. Mr Gerald's other film and TV credits include "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," "S.W.A.T.," "The Frozen Ground," "Red Dawn, "Escape Plan," "C.S.I. Miami," "Hawaiian Five-O" and "Intelligence."
According to the Total Film report, another recent appearance of Matt Gerald that made the actor a familiar face to the viewers is in the Marvel one-shot "Hail To The King" where he portrayed the prison bruiser character called White Power Dave. "No word on whether he will be reprising the same role, but it has been noted online that occasional Ant-Man antagonist, Whirlwind, is also named Dave Cannon," the Global Dispatch report noted.
However, the circulating casting reports pointed out that Matt Gerald's villain character in the "Ant-Man" film will only be secondary to actor Patrick Wilson's possible primary antagonist role. "Ant-Man" is expected to be the first film of Marvel Films' third phase kicking off in 2015.
Edgar Wright will be sitting on the director's chair. Matt Gerald now joins the "Ant-Man" cast members that include Paul Rudd, who will portray the main character Scott Lang or Ant-Man, Michael Douglas as Dr Hank Pym as well as Patrick Wilson and Evangeline Lilly but their characters in the upcoming movie are still unidentified.
Marvel's "Ant-Man" is scheduled to arrive in movie theaters on July 31, 2015. The earlier "Ant-Man" release scheduled has been set in the UK and it will reportedly take place on July 17, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actress Gal Gadot Shares Workout and Diet For Wonder Woman Role in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
Tessanne Chin: 'The Voice 5' Winner Performs A Capella for Canadian-Jamaican Billionaires in Toronto - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe