Ariana Grande Slams ‘Sam & Cat’ Rumours
By Riza Ornos | April 10, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Nickelodeon star Ariana Grande is done listening to rumours about the "Sam & Cat" drama and is ready to set the record straight. The young songstress has finally broken her silence about one of the alleged reasons that she wanted to leave her TV show and the on-going tension between her and co-star Jenette McCurdy.
Ariana Grande performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles
The 20-year-old actress posted a lengthy statement via her Twitter account slamming all rumours that involves the "Sam & Cat" TV show. The no longer squeaky clean Ariana issued the statement amid reports that the Nickelodeon show may be getting cancelled because of the tension between the two lead stars.
"I hate addressing rumors and I hate gossip but this is really bothering me. Jennette and I agreed upfront that we would be treated equally on this show in all regards (as we should be, considering we each work just as hard as the other on this show)," Grande's statement via her Twitter account on Thursday, Aril 3. "The rumors circulating about our contracts and our salary not being equal are absolutely ridiculous and false. I don't know who's putting these idiotic quotes out there but I thought I'd straighten it out and try to end this nonsense."
"As far as the show goes, I don't know what's happening because I'm not directly involved with the problem but I just wanted to address this one rumor in particular because I am NOT making more money than my costar, nor do I think I should be," she added slamming the issue about earning more than McCurdy. "So we can all move on and get out of our heads that this was a money thing cause I don't play like that at all. I am, have always been and always will be about equality and fairness."
The rumours about the tension of the two stars started when the 21-year-old actress skipped the Nickolodeon Kid's Choice Awards in L.A. on March 29. "I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," says McCurdy on her Twitter account as she tries to explain her absence on the award show.
She also clarified that her decision to stay at home during the Nickolodeon Kid's Choice Awards is not because of her nude photos that were leaked online last month. She also revealed that her decision was fuelled because of how the network treated her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga