Ariana Grande Slams ‘Sam & Cat’ Rumours
By Riza Ornos | April 10, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Nickelodeon star Ariana Grande is done listening to rumours about the "Sam & Cat" drama and is ready to set the record straight. The young songstress has finally broken her silence about one of the alleged reasons that she wanted to leave her TV show and the on-going tension between her and co-star Jenette McCurdy.
Ariana Grande performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles
The 20-year-old actress posted a lengthy statement via her Twitter account slamming all rumours that involves the "Sam & Cat" TV show. The no longer squeaky clean Ariana issued the statement amid reports that the Nickelodeon show may be getting cancelled because of the tension between the two lead stars.
"I hate addressing rumors and I hate gossip but this is really bothering me. Jennette and I agreed upfront that we would be treated equally on this show in all regards (as we should be, considering we each work just as hard as the other on this show)," Grande's statement via her Twitter account on Thursday, Aril 3. "The rumors circulating about our contracts and our salary not being equal are absolutely ridiculous and false. I don't know who's putting these idiotic quotes out there but I thought I'd straighten it out and try to end this nonsense."
"As far as the show goes, I don't know what's happening because I'm not directly involved with the problem but I just wanted to address this one rumor in particular because I am NOT making more money than my costar, nor do I think I should be," she added slamming the issue about earning more than McCurdy. "So we can all move on and get out of our heads that this was a money thing cause I don't play like that at all. I am, have always been and always will be about equality and fairness."
The rumours about the tension of the two stars started when the 21-year-old actress skipped the Nickolodeon Kid's Choice Awards in L.A. on March 29. "I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," says McCurdy on her Twitter account as she tries to explain her absence on the award show.
She also clarified that her decision to stay at home during the Nickolodeon Kid's Choice Awards is not because of her nude photos that were leaked online last month. She also revealed that her decision was fuelled because of how the network treated her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’