Ariana Grande Slams ‘Sam & Cat’ Rumours
By Riza Ornos | April 10, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Nickelodeon star Ariana Grande is done listening to rumours about the "Sam & Cat" drama and is ready to set the record straight. The young songstress has finally broken her silence about one of the alleged reasons that she wanted to leave her TV show and the on-going tension between her and co-star Jenette McCurdy.
Ariana Grande performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles
The 20-year-old actress posted a lengthy statement via her Twitter account slamming all rumours that involves the "Sam & Cat" TV show. The no longer squeaky clean Ariana issued the statement amid reports that the Nickelodeon show may be getting cancelled because of the tension between the two lead stars.
"I hate addressing rumors and I hate gossip but this is really bothering me. Jennette and I agreed upfront that we would be treated equally on this show in all regards (as we should be, considering we each work just as hard as the other on this show)," Grande's statement via her Twitter account on Thursday, Aril 3. "The rumors circulating about our contracts and our salary not being equal are absolutely ridiculous and false. I don't know who's putting these idiotic quotes out there but I thought I'd straighten it out and try to end this nonsense."
"As far as the show goes, I don't know what's happening because I'm not directly involved with the problem but I just wanted to address this one rumor in particular because I am NOT making more money than my costar, nor do I think I should be," she added slamming the issue about earning more than McCurdy. "So we can all move on and get out of our heads that this was a money thing cause I don't play like that at all. I am, have always been and always will be about equality and fairness."
The rumours about the tension of the two stars started when the 21-year-old actress skipped the Nickolodeon Kid's Choice Awards in L.A. on March 29. "I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," says McCurdy on her Twitter account as she tries to explain her absence on the award show.
She also clarified that her decision to stay at home during the Nickolodeon Kid's Choice Awards is not because of her nude photos that were leaked online last month. She also revealed that her decision was fuelled because of how the network treated her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around