PS4 News: 'The Last of Us Remastered' Announced and a New Sony Sandbox Game Teased
By Gel Galang | April 10, 2014 12:35 PM EST
For the longest time, fans of "The Last of Us," a game that has swept through a number of gaming awards, have wanted to see it on Sony's next-gen console PS4.
And now, it has been confirmed that the game will be coming to the PS4. Sony has confirmed the next-gen version after it was first leaked onto the PlayStation Store, no less. In addition, the advert for "The Last of Us" on the PS4 announced that it will be a Day 1 Digital release with possibility of a physical launch.
Sony has finally confirmed the existence in a new entry via the PlayStation Blog. Titled "The Last of Us: Remastered," it will render all of the action and scenery of the game to 1,080p goodness, alongside better lighting and shadows, textures and higher resolution character models.
The remastered version will include an exclusive director's commentary for in-game cinematics, all the additional content that has been released for "The Last of Us," so far (meaning the Left Behind DLC, Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack and Reclaimed Territories pack).
Pre-order bonuses have also been announced and listed by Sony as follows:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9 mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
And for those who pre-order via the PS Store, they can also get Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill, the additional Loadout Points, and the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask, all for the Factions Mode.
Best of all, Sony has announced that "The Last of Us: Remastered" will be released in summer 2014, so they can set their calendars in order.
Unannounced Sandbox to Get More Details
Sony has previously announced that it will be churning out 100 games for 2014, and the upcoming but still unannounced game may be one of them.
DualShockers has spotted a new Web site featuring the project codenamed H1Z1, which looks something like the start of a post-apocalyptic zombie setting.
But what's even more interesting is that John Smedley of Sony Online Entertainment has said via Twitter that the game will be unveiled tomorrow along with an accompanying footage. There are no announcements of release dates, but the fact that Smedley also said that it can be played fully "soon" seems to suggest the beta or the actual release may be earlier than expected of an unannounced game.
No platforms have been hinted yet, but should this appear on the PS4 and if the post-apocalyptic vibe is anywhere near accurate, it will be an even more interesting game as a sandbox genre.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon