PS4 News: 'The Last of Us Remastered' Announced and a New Sony Sandbox Game Teased
By Gel Galang | April 10, 2014 12:35 PM EST
For the longest time, fans of "The Last of Us," a game that has swept through a number of gaming awards, have wanted to see it on Sony's next-gen console PS4.
And now, it has been confirmed that the game will be coming to the PS4. Sony has confirmed the next-gen version after it was first leaked onto the PlayStation Store, no less. In addition, the advert for "The Last of Us" on the PS4 announced that it will be a Day 1 Digital release with possibility of a physical launch.
Sony has finally confirmed the existence in a new entry via the PlayStation Blog. Titled "The Last of Us: Remastered," it will render all of the action and scenery of the game to 1,080p goodness, alongside better lighting and shadows, textures and higher resolution character models.
The remastered version will include an exclusive director's commentary for in-game cinematics, all the additional content that has been released for "The Last of Us," so far (meaning the Left Behind DLC, Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack and Reclaimed Territories pack).
Pre-order bonuses have also been announced and listed by Sony as follows:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9 mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
And for those who pre-order via the PS Store, they can also get Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill, the additional Loadout Points, and the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask, all for the Factions Mode.
Best of all, Sony has announced that "The Last of Us: Remastered" will be released in summer 2014, so they can set their calendars in order.
Unannounced Sandbox to Get More Details
Sony has previously announced that it will be churning out 100 games for 2014, and the upcoming but still unannounced game may be one of them.
DualShockers has spotted a new Web site featuring the project codenamed H1Z1, which looks something like the start of a post-apocalyptic zombie setting.
But what's even more interesting is that John Smedley of Sony Online Entertainment has said via Twitter that the game will be unveiled tomorrow along with an accompanying footage. There are no announcements of release dates, but the fact that Smedley also said that it can be played fully "soon" seems to suggest the beta or the actual release may be earlier than expected of an unannounced game.
No platforms have been hinted yet, but should this appear on the PS4 and if the post-apocalyptic vibe is anywhere near accurate, it will be an even more interesting game as a sandbox genre.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers