Samsung News: 10.5-inch Tablet to Feature 2K Display, Gear 2’s Easy Fix Structure and Gear Fit Gets Updated
By Gel Galang | April 10, 2014 11:54 AM EST
Samsung's latest figures have been released, and it seems that the Korean company is experiencing its second straight drop in quarterly profits. A dip from 8.8 trillion won to 8.4 trillion won was reported by Bloomberg, which supposedly came with the stalled demands, lowered prices of Galaxy handsets and the ever-growing competition.
The report also states that compared to previous Samsung Galaxy devices, the Galaxy S5 has enjoyed weaker significance in the market, particularly because of the oversaturation and crowding in the industry.
However, it seems that one of Samsung's ways to deal with the situation is to continue to diversify its lineup of devices to hit a bigger segment of the overall market.
Mobile & Apps has reported on a new tablet with a large enough screen--larger by a bit compared to Samsung's current 10.1-inch tablet--that has 2K Super AMOLED display. This means a resolution of up to 2,560x1,600 pixels, and the newest model name to surface is SM-T800.
According to the report, some of the specs of the upcoming SM-T800 includes wi-fi only connectivity, the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat with new features, an unspecified quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM and the usual offers for the internal storage. There are cameras, an 8-megapixel rear and a 2-megapixel front camera, and a 7900 mAh battery.
There are other spotted variations, the SM-T801 and SM-T805, which is assumed to be other variants, for HSPA+ and LTE.
Indeed, this is a good improvement to Samsung's tablet, but, for the moment, Samsung has yet to announce if the devices are coming out.
Gear Fit gets a mode update
Samsung's smartwatch accessory, the Gear Fit, is getting a revamp on its UI orientation with a new software update.
Phone Arena reports that the Portrait mode will be introduced even before the Samsung Gear Fit goes on sale come April 11. Previously during demos for the Gear Fit, it was notable that the UI can only be viewed on sideways mode. But given that the wearable device is viewed vertically on the wrist, this will make viewing information hard and unnatural.
The immediate fix is appreciated, and the Portrait Mode will apparently be an available option can already be chosen once you get the device.
Samsung Gear 2: An easy fix
When it comes to repairing the Gear 2, those who are planning to buy can rest assured that, yes, it's really easy to do so. The Gear is 2 is the latest Samsung device to undergo a teardown with iFixit and had been ranked 8 out of 10 in terms of reparability.
CNet reports that you can remove almost all the parts, save the display, which has already been glued to the front of the Gear 2. Even the wristband and battery are removable and thus replaceable.
The other smartwatch that iFixit has managed to expose via teardowns is Pebble, which has shown that it is impossible to repair without compromising some functions and has an inaccessible battery for replacement.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports