Female Officer in Canada Accused of Kissing Inmate, Loses Job
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 10, 2014 11:17 AM EST
A female officer in a Canada jail lost her job after having been accused of kissing one of the inmates.
The incident took place at the Central Nova Scotia Correctional Facility when a female correctional worker allegedly kissed a male inmate in the prison library. It happened in January 2014 and, as a result, the worker had to sacrifice her job. Her offence was multiple breaches of professional code of conduct, CBC News reported.
The incident of the officer kissing the inmate was reported to one of the supervisors by another worker who claimed to have witnessed it. The witness submitted a report on Jan 27 where he mentioned that he was walking past the closed library door when he saw the officer apparently kissing the "victim" at the back of the library.
When the accused were asked about the allegation, none of them accepted it. They refused to admit that they had any kind of physical interaction with each other. On the other hand, it was revealed during the interviews that the female officer did receive things from the inmate.
Deputy Superintendent of Operations Tracy Dominix wrote that the officer admitted receiving letters, Christmas cards and "hand drawn pictures" from the inmate. "The items could be classified as personal,". he wrote. The officer also admitted that the incident should have been reported to the captain. She also admitted that she should have told the inmate that he should not be writing to her.
The officer admitted that she took the inmate to the library on several occasions. Even though they stayed for an extended period in the library, they denied having any sort of physical intimacy with each other. The officer also admitted to having been advised by her peers that she should not be spending so much time with the inmate. She confessed that she "crossed the line."
The inmate said that he is in love with the officer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales