53-Year-Old Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Best Known as Elaine Benes in 'Seinfeld', Poses Nude for Rolling Stone Cover
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 10, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Julia Louis-Dreyfus posed nude for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine [Image]. Julia is most famous for her portrayal of Elaine Benes in the highly popular TV show "Seinfeld." She is seen with a tattoo of the U.S. constitution on her naked back.
Cast member and producer Julia Louis-Dreyfus attends the Los Angeles premiere for the third season of HBO series "Veep" in Hollywood, California, March 24, 2014.
Julia, now 53, appeared nude for the April 24 issue of the magazine. She revealed the photograph on Twitter. She tweeted in good humour that her excuse for posing nude at the age of 53 was that she was in a "drunken stupor." An hour before tweeting in "defence" of her outrageous act, she wrote on that she might get more Twitter followers. She might have indicated a rise in popularity after people seeing her exposed body.
E! Online called the Julia's photograph on the magazine cover as the "best nude celebrity magazine cover ever." The site said that it just could not "stop staring" at the "butt-naked" version of Julia who looked "absolutely fantastic." Julia's portrayal of Elaine Benes won her innumerable accolades. She was nominated for the Golden Globe six times and the Emmy 16 times. She was recently inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame.
Honouring her achievements on television, Rolling Stone called her as "The First Lady of Comedy." This is the first time she is featured solo on the magazine cover. Her previous appearance on the Rolling Stone cover was with other stars of her all-time popular TV series "Seinfeld." She has been portraying the self-absorbed Selena Meyer on HBO series "Veep" for the third season now.
Julia talked about her 30-year career in show business, which is not so common in Hollywood. She first appeared on "Saturday Night Live" in 1985. Her career has only grown over the years. She can probably be considered the only "Seinfeld" star that is remembered for performing elsewhere. Most other actors from "Seinfeld" are exclusively remembered for their characters in the TV series. Even though "Seinfeld" remains to be the most successful work Julia has done in her career, she was also much appreciated in "The New Adventures of Old Christine" as well as "Veep."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase