53-Year-Old Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Best Known as Elaine Benes in 'Seinfeld', Poses Nude for Rolling Stone Cover
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 10, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Julia Louis-Dreyfus posed nude for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine [Image]. Julia is most famous for her portrayal of Elaine Benes in the highly popular TV show "Seinfeld." She is seen with a tattoo of the U.S. constitution on her naked back.
Cast member and producer Julia Louis-Dreyfus attends the Los Angeles premiere for the third season of HBO series "Veep" in Hollywood, California, March 24, 2014.
Julia, now 53, appeared nude for the April 24 issue of the magazine. She revealed the photograph on Twitter. She tweeted in good humour that her excuse for posing nude at the age of 53 was that she was in a "drunken stupor." An hour before tweeting in "defence" of her outrageous act, she wrote on that she might get more Twitter followers. She might have indicated a rise in popularity after people seeing her exposed body.
E! Online called the Julia's photograph on the magazine cover as the "best nude celebrity magazine cover ever." The site said that it just could not "stop staring" at the "butt-naked" version of Julia who looked "absolutely fantastic." Julia's portrayal of Elaine Benes won her innumerable accolades. She was nominated for the Golden Globe six times and the Emmy 16 times. She was recently inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame.
Honouring her achievements on television, Rolling Stone called her as "The First Lady of Comedy." This is the first time she is featured solo on the magazine cover. Her previous appearance on the Rolling Stone cover was with other stars of her all-time popular TV series "Seinfeld." She has been portraying the self-absorbed Selena Meyer on HBO series "Veep" for the third season now.
Julia talked about her 30-year career in show business, which is not so common in Hollywood. She first appeared on "Saturday Night Live" in 1985. Her career has only grown over the years. She can probably be considered the only "Seinfeld" star that is remembered for performing elsewhere. Most other actors from "Seinfeld" are exclusively remembered for their characters in the TV series. Even though "Seinfeld" remains to be the most successful work Julia has done in her career, she was also much appreciated in "The New Adventures of Old Christine" as well as "Veep."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013