53-Year-Old Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Best Known as Elaine Benes in 'Seinfeld', Poses Nude for Rolling Stone Cover
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 10, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Julia Louis-Dreyfus posed nude for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine [Image]. Julia is most famous for her portrayal of Elaine Benes in the highly popular TV show "Seinfeld." She is seen with a tattoo of the U.S. constitution on her naked back.
Cast member and producer Julia Louis-Dreyfus attends the Los Angeles premiere for the third season of HBO series "Veep" in Hollywood, California, March 24, 2014.
Julia, now 53, appeared nude for the April 24 issue of the magazine. She revealed the photograph on Twitter. She tweeted in good humour that her excuse for posing nude at the age of 53 was that she was in a "drunken stupor." An hour before tweeting in "defence" of her outrageous act, she wrote on that she might get more Twitter followers. She might have indicated a rise in popularity after people seeing her exposed body.
E! Online called the Julia's photograph on the magazine cover as the "best nude celebrity magazine cover ever." The site said that it just could not "stop staring" at the "butt-naked" version of Julia who looked "absolutely fantastic." Julia's portrayal of Elaine Benes won her innumerable accolades. She was nominated for the Golden Globe six times and the Emmy 16 times. She was recently inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame.
Honouring her achievements on television, Rolling Stone called her as "The First Lady of Comedy." This is the first time she is featured solo on the magazine cover. Her previous appearance on the Rolling Stone cover was with other stars of her all-time popular TV series "Seinfeld." She has been portraying the self-absorbed Selena Meyer on HBO series "Veep" for the third season now.
Julia talked about her 30-year career in show business, which is not so common in Hollywood. She first appeared on "Saturday Night Live" in 1985. Her career has only grown over the years. She can probably be considered the only "Seinfeld" star that is remembered for performing elsewhere. Most other actors from "Seinfeld" are exclusively remembered for their characters in the TV series. Even though "Seinfeld" remains to be the most successful work Julia has done in her career, she was also much appreciated in "The New Adventures of Old Christine" as well as "Veep."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand