Selena Gomez Supports Children's Rights While Justin Supports Literacy Programs
By Maychelle Ornos | April 10, 2014 9:32 AM EST
They may be romantically connected but Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber are worlds apart when it comes to their philanthropic deeds. Just on Monday night Selena was spotted with her mom attending a charity dinner event at the Beverly Hilton, California. The singer-actress has been a devoted supporter of The Alliance for Children's Rights, an organization that offers legal aid and shelter for children in foster care, according to E! News.
Singers Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez arrive at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscar party in West Hollywood, California, February 27, 2011.
The 22nd annual dinner by the said organization was believed to be sponsored by the production company of Mandy and Brian Teefey, the "Come and Get It" singer's parents. Aside from The Alliance for Children's Rights, Selena also supports countless other advocacies and causes for the youth as she stands to be a role model for them.
To name a few of these organizations are the Ryan Seacrest Foundation, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Stand Up To Cancer, ENOUGH Project, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, A Day Made Better, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 10x10 and Rosie's Theater Kids. The Disney Channel superstar is likewise the youngest United Nation's Children Fund (UNICEF) Goodwill Ambassador. One of her major contribution for the UNICEF was during the organization's Trick or Treat campaign; proceeds of which were benefited by the children in Ghana.
Meanwhile, Selena's on-again, off-again singer-boyfriend Justin Bieber has set his heart to different philanthropic involvements. One of these is the Pencils of Promise, an organization which primarily aims to provide education to children of developing countries. This Bieber-supported charity was able to build 41 schools in Guatemala, Nicaragua and Laos with the help of the "Believe" pop star, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
In fact just last year, the world was buzzing about Bieber's act of love for the Guatemalan children as he helped in constructing one of the classrooms and bonded with the kids. This showcase of charity happened a day after his concert in Guatemala October of 2013. Thereafter, Justin tweeted, "Today was 1 of the most powerful and humbling days of my life. Thank u Guatemala & @PencilsOfPromise," a Huffington Post report cited.
In addition to his Literacy-supported programs, Justin Bieber is also active in Usher's New Look Foundation, Give Back Hollywood Foundation, GRAMMY Foundation, City of Hope and the Red Cross according to sources.
Looks like Hollywood's most controversial teen couple are not only talented but role models in their own right.
RT @justinbieber Together we can change the world pic.twitter.com/svl88Awbww — ET Canada (@ETCanada) February 6, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar