'Lego Movie' and Other Toy Based Movies: Certified Box Office Hits
By Maychelle Ornos | April 10, 2014 9:29 AM EST
Its worldwide phenomenal hit came as a surprise for some movie critics but "The Lego Movie" exceeded the expectations of many moviegoers, both the young and the young at hearts. With a whopping $69.1 million after its released, this Warner Bros. animated flick is without a doubt the biggest hit this year, according to the Daily Herald.
The film is woven from the children's much-adorned LEGO toys, which stars the voices of talented Hollywood actors and actresses like Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett and Charlie Day. The plot is undoubtedly clever as it foretells the quest and adventure of a guy named Emmet (Pratt) who was mistaken to be "the messiah" of the Lego Universe. He was prophesized to save the people from the wraths of Business (Ferrell).
This year's "The Lego Movie" is but an addition to the long line of toy-based movies that are certified box office hits over the years.
"To infinity and beyond," who could ever miss such a line by the dashing Buzz Lightyear as he accompanies his cowboy friend Woody and other toys from Andy's room to some adventures? Starring the voice performance of Tim Allen and Tom Hanks, "Toy Story" is perhaps the number one movie to come in mind when toy-based movies are talked about.
In fact, it is the first feature-length animated film produced by Pixar Studios ever to knock our hearts according to Rotten Tomatoes. It is actually a fun-packed flick with lots of comical satires and inspirational milieus. No wonder two sequels came consequently its first installation, where "Toy Story 3" grossed a total of $414, 984, 497 in 2010 as cited in IMDb's All-Time US Box Office.
A fight against alien races, a match between the Autobots and the Decepticons, Transformers truly leaped beyond being a mere toy line produced by Takara Tomy and Hasbro, to a grandslam Sci-Fi action. It stars two of Hollywood's prime leading men, Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel with Megan Fox, Rachael Taylor and Tyrese Gibson. IMDb reported in 2009 that Transformers third sequel, Revenge of the Fallen had total earnings of $402, 076, 689.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' Season 4 Spoilers: 'Litt Up' Consequences in Summer Finale; Cliffhanger Awaits, Says Series Creator [Watch Suits 4x10 Promo Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch