'Lego Movie' and Other Toy Based Movies: Certified Box Office Hits
By Maychelle Ornos | April 10, 2014 9:29 AM EST
Its worldwide phenomenal hit came as a surprise for some movie critics but "The Lego Movie" exceeded the expectations of many moviegoers, both the young and the young at hearts. With a whopping $69.1 million after its released, this Warner Bros. animated flick is without a doubt the biggest hit this year, according to the Daily Herald.
The film is woven from the children's much-adorned LEGO toys, which stars the voices of talented Hollywood actors and actresses like Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett and Charlie Day. The plot is undoubtedly clever as it foretells the quest and adventure of a guy named Emmet (Pratt) who was mistaken to be "the messiah" of the Lego Universe. He was prophesized to save the people from the wraths of Business (Ferrell).
This year's "The Lego Movie" is but an addition to the long line of toy-based movies that are certified box office hits over the years.
"To infinity and beyond," who could ever miss such a line by the dashing Buzz Lightyear as he accompanies his cowboy friend Woody and other toys from Andy's room to some adventures? Starring the voice performance of Tim Allen and Tom Hanks, "Toy Story" is perhaps the number one movie to come in mind when toy-based movies are talked about.
In fact, it is the first feature-length animated film produced by Pixar Studios ever to knock our hearts according to Rotten Tomatoes. It is actually a fun-packed flick with lots of comical satires and inspirational milieus. No wonder two sequels came consequently its first installation, where "Toy Story 3" grossed a total of $414, 984, 497 in 2010 as cited in IMDb's All-Time US Box Office.
A fight against alien races, a match between the Autobots and the Decepticons, Transformers truly leaped beyond being a mere toy line produced by Takara Tomy and Hasbro, to a grandslam Sci-Fi action. It stars two of Hollywood's prime leading men, Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel with Megan Fox, Rachael Taylor and Tyrese Gibson. IMDb reported in 2009 that Transformers third sequel, Revenge of the Fallen had total earnings of $402, 076, 689.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft