'American Idol' 2014 Top 8 Review: Last Week for Sam Woolf or Malaya Watson? Alex Preston, Jena Irene FTW? [VIDEOS]
By Arlene Paredes | April 10, 2014 6:25 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) Top 8 gets a Part 2 after AI judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr saved Sam Woolf from last week's eliminations. Will this be the young musician's final week on AI? Meanwhile, Alex Preston and Jena Irene picked songs that will engage voters again in the show's "Songs from the 1980s" theme.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. pose at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
Sam Woolf is not the worst singer on American Idol 2014. He is, however, one of the weakest performers. The fact that C.J. Harris got more votes despite several missteps on the show means Woolf is not doing enough to captivate his fans.
Alex Preston, on the other hand, has been a pro on stage since the first week of American Idol 2014 live shows. Preston does not flirt with the audience the way JLo thinks Woolf should do. But Preston is able to connect to his song in a very effective way. Woolf has really get lost in the music for once.
Jena Irene Asciutto has grown a lot as a performer since the American Idol 2014 auditions. This young wildcard contestant loves the stage. The audience could positively feel her energy, and the votes have not sent her back to the bottom.
Preston is singing "Every Breath You Take" (The Police) on American Idol 2014 Top 8 Part 2 performance night. Jena is singing "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts). Woolf is tackling "Time After Time" (Cyndi Lauper).
If Woolf sticks to singing like a frightened kid on stage, this could be his final week on American Idol 2014. Malaya Watson could be in danger, too. She was in the bottom three with CJ Harris and Sam Woolf last week.
Watson is singing Chaka Khan's "Through The Fire." This young tuba player can nail the song, no doubt. However, Malaya's worst enemy is herself. If she indulges herself in theatrics that puts off many viewers, she could land in the bottom three of American Idol Season 13 again.
Who will make it to the American Idol 2014 Top 7? The other contestants performing Wednesday (Apr. 9) on FOX are: Caleb Johnson, Dexter Roberts and Jessica Meuse.
WATCH: Sam Woolf Sings for the Judges' Only Save in American Idol 2014 (AI on YouTube)
WATCH: Malaya Watson Sings 'Ain't No Way' on American Idol Top 8 Part 1 (AI on YouTube)
American Idol airs on FOX every Wednesday and Thursday.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 7 - Top 8 Goes Back to the '80s' Airs April 9, 2014 [READ]
'American Idol' 2014 Results Show, Top 7 Update: Alex Preston, CJ Harris, Malaya Watson, Sam Woolf; Who Exits AI Season 13? [REVIEW, VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales