NBA Preview: Oklahoma City vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 10, 2014 4:28 AM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Clippers have already clinched a playoff spot in the Western Conference but Wednesday’s match-up still has more at stake: a higher postseason seeding and the homecourt advantage if they meet in the conference semifinals.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Denver Nuggets
The Thunder (56-21) are just ahead by one and a half game over the Clippers (55-23) and the result of this game could be crucial in deciding who gets the No.2 seed in the conference.
This is the fourth and final meeting between these Western rivals. Los Angeles leads the season series, 2-1 with a 111-103 home win on November 13 and a 125-117 road win on February 23. OKC took the other home game, 105-91 on November 21.
Durant produced 42 points in the most recent match-up although his team couldn’t protect their home floor. For his career, the OKC star averages 29.0 points in 24 games versus the Clippers.
All five starters scored in double-figures in that win led by Jamal Crawford who had 36 points. Matt Barnes had 24 points and 7 rebounds while Chris Paul had 18 points and 12 assists. However, Crawford is out and Barnes is listed day-to-day in Wednesday’s meeting.
Oklahoma City snapped a 2-game skid with a win at Sacramento, 107-92. Durant only had 23 points versus the Kings to finish his 25-plus points streak at 41. It was the other guys that did the damage. Caron Butler came off the bench to score a 23 points and Serge Ibaka added 19 markers.
Meanwhile, the Clippers have won five of their last six games. The last one was a blowout win versus the Los Angeles Lakers, 120-97. Paul and Blake Griffin had 23 points apiece while DeAndre Jordan finished with a double-double of 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (+3) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (O/U: 211.0)
Game time: 12:30 pm AEST
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Thunder are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The Thunder are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 games after an ATS win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones