NBA Preview: Oklahoma City vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | April 10, 2014 4:28 AM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Clippers have already clinched a playoff spot in the Western Conference but Wednesday’s match-up still has more at stake: a higher postseason seeding and the homecourt advantage if they meet in the conference semifinals.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Denver Nuggets
The Thunder (56-21) are just ahead by one and a half game over the Clippers (55-23) and the result of this game could be crucial in deciding who gets the No.2 seed in the conference.
This is the fourth and final meeting between these Western rivals. Los Angeles leads the season series, 2-1 with a 111-103 home win on November 13 and a 125-117 road win on February 23. OKC took the other home game, 105-91 on November 21.
Durant produced 42 points in the most recent match-up although his team couldn’t protect their home floor. For his career, the OKC star averages 29.0 points in 24 games versus the Clippers.
All five starters scored in double-figures in that win led by Jamal Crawford who had 36 points. Matt Barnes had 24 points and 7 rebounds while Chris Paul had 18 points and 12 assists. However, Crawford is out and Barnes is listed day-to-day in Wednesday’s meeting.
Oklahoma City snapped a 2-game skid with a win at Sacramento, 107-92. Durant only had 23 points versus the Kings to finish his 25-plus points streak at 41. It was the other guys that did the damage. Caron Butler came off the bench to score a 23 points and Serge Ibaka added 19 markers.
Meanwhile, the Clippers have won five of their last six games. The last one was a blowout win versus the Los Angeles Lakers, 120-97. Paul and Blake Griffin had 23 points apiece while DeAndre Jordan finished with a double-double of 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (+3) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (O/U: 211.0)
Game time: 12:30 pm AEST
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Thunder are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- The Thunder are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS win
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- The Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. West teams
- The Clippers are 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 games after an ATS win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’