Watch Champions League Quarterfinals: Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 10, 2014 3:03 AM EST
With the tie perfectly poised, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will look to plant their feet in the semifinals of the Champions League when the two teams meet in their quarterfinal second leg at the Vicente Calderon on Wednesday.
Where To Watch Live:
The game is scheduled for an 8.45 pm local time (7.45 pm BST, 12.15 am IST, 2.45 pm ET) start with live coverage on Ten Sports in India, Fox Sports in the US and Sky Sports 2 in the UK .
Watch the quarterfinal via live streaming online in India HERE, while Latin America viewers can go HERE. Viewers in Australia can live stream the game HERE, with the UK option HERE. US viewers can catch the action courtesy live streaming HERE, with the option in Canada to watch the game live online HERE. Audience in the Middle East and North Africa can watch the match live online HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can go HERE.
Atletico have the advantage of an away goal from the first leg, with playmaker Diego scoring a wonder goal, before Neymar equalised for Barcelona with a cracker of his own.
Barcelona will head into the second leg knowing they need to score at least once to have any chance of staying in this season's Champions League, something which will be easier said than done, considering Atletico's home record in terms of conceding goals.
"I don't like to predict what the result might be," Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino said. "What we need to do is to play better than Atletico and to win the game. These teams know each other very well, and they play with completely different styles.
"All I know is that Barcelona haven't gone ahead in any of the meetings this season. We need to see if we can do that and to try to control the match. Atletico are not the type of team who will allow us to control the game for the entire 90 minutes, but we'll try to do that as it is how we like to play.
"The games between the sides have been very even, though we have tended to be superior in the second halves. It won't be easy but if we try to control the game, and score first, then maybe the outcome will be different."
Diego Simeone has done wonders with this Atletico side, who are currently a point clear of Barcelona in the top of the La Liga at the moment, since taking over as manager, and nothing will please the Argentine more than to take his team to the semifinals of the Champions League.
"This will be a passionate game -- one of the biggest in the UEFA Champions League -- between two teams with different styles," he said. "The result [of the first leg] doesn't mean anything. Barcelona always play offensively and this is a perfect match for them with [possibly] 120 minutes to play.
"We are going to come up against the best Barcelona players of recent times. These games are special for them and they are used to playing them."
Team news: Atletico Madrid: Diego Costa is a major doubt with a thigh injury he picked up in the first leg, and Simeone insisted the talismanic attacker will play from minute one only if he is passed 100 percent fit. "If Diego Costa is fit, he plays. If he is a little less than 100 percent, he will be on the bench," Simeone said. "Otherwise he'll be out. "We will have a look at [him] in training.
"If he doesn't make it, Adrian Lopez will play - if Adrian plays, I'm sure he will have a great game for us." Influential playmaker Arda Turan, though, has been definitely ruled out with a groin injury, but Javi Anquilo could make a return from a neck problem.
Barcelona: Gerard Pique and Victor Valdes are sidelined along with Isaac Cuenca and Jonathan Dos Santos. Carles Puyol, though, has been included in the squad, even though the player is still waiting for the all-clear to plat after a long-term knee injury.
Expected lineups: Atletico Madrid: Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Filipe Luis; Koke, Tiago, Gabi, Diego; Adrian, Villa.
Barcelona: Pinto; Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Alba; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Fabregas, Messi, Neymar.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies