Nexus 6 Release Date: Will Device Sport HTC One (M8) Looks?
By Raymond Ronamai | April 10, 2014 2:22 AM EST
An interesting concept design of Google Nexus 6, which looks similar to the recently released HTC One (M8), has surfaced online as speculations on the release date of the device continue to do the rounds.
Screenshot from Google website
The concept Nexus 6, prepared by designer Aleksander Tesic, sports the looks of HTC One (M8), including the basic lines, curves and front bezel, according to a report by Gadget Insiders. Slim, sexy and sporty looks of the concept image is in line with HTC. It also features an edge-to-edge display and a metal body, with HTC proprietary BoomSound stereo speakers.
However, the concept design can be completely wrong if the device is based on LG G3, as speculated.
Conflicting reports on the release date of Nexus 6 have surfaced with some claiming that it would be unveiled after Google's I/O Developers Conference on 24 June or early July, while others say it would happen only in the final quarter of the year. Google's VP Sundar Pichai had hinted at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced perhaps only in October.
The release date of the device could be pushed further to November or even December as the Nexus series smartphones have been released only during that time of the year in the past, except the HTC Nexus One.
Several features of Nexus 6 have surfaced, despite Google not making any announcement. The device is expected to sport a 5.2-inch full HD curved LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. It is expected to be powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and run on Android OS (4.5), dubbed as Lollypop. It may also have a 13MP camera (main) and a 5MP front camera and come in three storage variants - 32GB/64GB/128GB.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists