Should Ranbir Kapoor be Worried about Ranveer Singh?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 10, 2014 12:55 AM EST
Ranbir Kapoor's popularity and credibility in the film industry is undeniable but his contemporary Ranveer Singh is quietly working his way up to the top as well.
Recently, superstar Akshay Kumar named Kapoor and Singh prominently, when he was asked about the new breed of actors who are on the way to becoming the next big thing in the industry.
Kapoor has already made his mark within a short span of time, winning both critics and audience alike with his charm and talent. The actor falls within the major league of stars now, and has producers and directors lining up to sign him for big banner projects. Plus, there is the massive fan following he has earned.
However, the 31-year-old confessed during his appearance in "Koffee with Karan" season 5 that he keeps a tab on what his contemporaries are working on and even let out that good work by other actors makes him insecure.
And we believe the "Barfi!" star should definitely look out for Singh. The "Band Baaja Baaraat" actor made his way into the industry as a YRF protégé but earned accolades even outside the banner with recent films like "Lootera" and "Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela".
The five-film-old actor now commands a strong stand in the industry and recently had the dilemma of having to choose between big banner productions from Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Apart from his onscreen performances and exciting upcoming projects, the actor's loud and striking personality stands out. The 28-year-old exudes a high level of confidence as witnessed in several events and flaunts a gritty sense of fashion, reflective in his daring style statements and out-of-the-box endorsement deals.
Though Singh is yet to reach Kapoor's level of fame, the "Gunday" actor already exercises a bankable position in the industry, which is a massive feat. It should also be noted that Singh earned his position in the industry, despite neither hailing from a popular actor family nor having any godfathers, unlike most of his contemporaries.
And hence we have reasons to believe that Singh's steady and rapid growth rate should be concern for Kapoor.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier