Should Ranbir Kapoor be Worried about Ranveer Singh?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 10, 2014 12:55 AM EST
Ranbir Kapoor's popularity and credibility in the film industry is undeniable but his contemporary Ranveer Singh is quietly working his way up to the top as well.
Recently, superstar Akshay Kumar named Kapoor and Singh prominently, when he was asked about the new breed of actors who are on the way to becoming the next big thing in the industry.
Kapoor has already made his mark within a short span of time, winning both critics and audience alike with his charm and talent. The actor falls within the major league of stars now, and has producers and directors lining up to sign him for big banner projects. Plus, there is the massive fan following he has earned.
However, the 31-year-old confessed during his appearance in "Koffee with Karan" season 5 that he keeps a tab on what his contemporaries are working on and even let out that good work by other actors makes him insecure.
And we believe the "Barfi!" star should definitely look out for Singh. The "Band Baaja Baaraat" actor made his way into the industry as a YRF protégé but earned accolades even outside the banner with recent films like "Lootera" and "Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela".
The five-film-old actor now commands a strong stand in the industry and recently had the dilemma of having to choose between big banner productions from Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Apart from his onscreen performances and exciting upcoming projects, the actor's loud and striking personality stands out. The 28-year-old exudes a high level of confidence as witnessed in several events and flaunts a gritty sense of fashion, reflective in his daring style statements and out-of-the-box endorsement deals.
Though Singh is yet to reach Kapoor's level of fame, the "Gunday" actor already exercises a bankable position in the industry, which is a massive feat. It should also be noted that Singh earned his position in the industry, despite neither hailing from a popular actor family nor having any godfathers, unlike most of his contemporaries.
And hence we have reasons to believe that Singh's steady and rapid growth rate should be concern for Kapoor.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown