Should Ranbir Kapoor be Worried about Ranveer Singh?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 10, 2014 12:55 AM EST
Ranbir Kapoor's popularity and credibility in the film industry is undeniable but his contemporary Ranveer Singh is quietly working his way up to the top as well.
Recently, superstar Akshay Kumar named Kapoor and Singh prominently, when he was asked about the new breed of actors who are on the way to becoming the next big thing in the industry.
Kapoor has already made his mark within a short span of time, winning both critics and audience alike with his charm and talent. The actor falls within the major league of stars now, and has producers and directors lining up to sign him for big banner projects. Plus, there is the massive fan following he has earned.
However, the 31-year-old confessed during his appearance in "Koffee with Karan" season 5 that he keeps a tab on what his contemporaries are working on and even let out that good work by other actors makes him insecure.
And we believe the "Barfi!" star should definitely look out for Singh. The "Band Baaja Baaraat" actor made his way into the industry as a YRF protégé but earned accolades even outside the banner with recent films like "Lootera" and "Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela".
The five-film-old actor now commands a strong stand in the industry and recently had the dilemma of having to choose between big banner productions from Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Apart from his onscreen performances and exciting upcoming projects, the actor's loud and striking personality stands out. The 28-year-old exudes a high level of confidence as witnessed in several events and flaunts a gritty sense of fashion, reflective in his daring style statements and out-of-the-box endorsement deals.
Though Singh is yet to reach Kapoor's level of fame, the "Gunday" actor already exercises a bankable position in the industry, which is a massive feat. It should also be noted that Singh earned his position in the industry, despite neither hailing from a popular actor family nor having any godfathers, unlike most of his contemporaries.
And hence we have reasons to believe that Singh's steady and rapid growth rate should be concern for Kapoor.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced