Should Ranbir Kapoor be Worried about Ranveer Singh?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 10, 2014 12:55 AM EST
Ranbir Kapoor's popularity and credibility in the film industry is undeniable but his contemporary Ranveer Singh is quietly working his way up to the top as well.
Recently, superstar Akshay Kumar named Kapoor and Singh prominently, when he was asked about the new breed of actors who are on the way to becoming the next big thing in the industry.
Kapoor has already made his mark within a short span of time, winning both critics and audience alike with his charm and talent. The actor falls within the major league of stars now, and has producers and directors lining up to sign him for big banner projects. Plus, there is the massive fan following he has earned.
However, the 31-year-old confessed during his appearance in "Koffee with Karan" season 5 that he keeps a tab on what his contemporaries are working on and even let out that good work by other actors makes him insecure.
And we believe the "Barfi!" star should definitely look out for Singh. The "Band Baaja Baaraat" actor made his way into the industry as a YRF protégé but earned accolades even outside the banner with recent films like "Lootera" and "Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela".
The five-film-old actor now commands a strong stand in the industry and recently had the dilemma of having to choose between big banner productions from Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Apart from his onscreen performances and exciting upcoming projects, the actor's loud and striking personality stands out. The 28-year-old exudes a high level of confidence as witnessed in several events and flaunts a gritty sense of fashion, reflective in his daring style statements and out-of-the-box endorsement deals.
Though Singh is yet to reach Kapoor's level of fame, the "Gunday" actor already exercises a bankable position in the industry, which is a massive feat. It should also be noted that Singh earned his position in the industry, despite neither hailing from a popular actor family nor having any godfathers, unlike most of his contemporaries.
And hence we have reasons to believe that Singh's steady and rapid growth rate should be concern for Kapoor.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy