Should Ranbir Kapoor be Worried about Ranveer Singh?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 10, 2014 12:55 AM EST
Ranbir Kapoor's popularity and credibility in the film industry is undeniable but his contemporary Ranveer Singh is quietly working his way up to the top as well.
Recently, superstar Akshay Kumar named Kapoor and Singh prominently, when he was asked about the new breed of actors who are on the way to becoming the next big thing in the industry.
Kapoor has already made his mark within a short span of time, winning both critics and audience alike with his charm and talent. The actor falls within the major league of stars now, and has producers and directors lining up to sign him for big banner projects. Plus, there is the massive fan following he has earned.
However, the 31-year-old confessed during his appearance in "Koffee with Karan" season 5 that he keeps a tab on what his contemporaries are working on and even let out that good work by other actors makes him insecure.
And we believe the "Barfi!" star should definitely look out for Singh. The "Band Baaja Baaraat" actor made his way into the industry as a YRF protégé but earned accolades even outside the banner with recent films like "Lootera" and "Goliyon ki Rasleela Ram-Leela".
The five-film-old actor now commands a strong stand in the industry and recently had the dilemma of having to choose between big banner productions from Karan Johar and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Apart from his onscreen performances and exciting upcoming projects, the actor's loud and striking personality stands out. The 28-year-old exudes a high level of confidence as witnessed in several events and flaunts a gritty sense of fashion, reflective in his daring style statements and out-of-the-box endorsement deals.
Though Singh is yet to reach Kapoor's level of fame, the "Gunday" actor already exercises a bankable position in the industry, which is a massive feat. It should also be noted that Singh earned his position in the industry, despite neither hailing from a popular actor family nor having any godfathers, unlike most of his contemporaries.
And hence we have reasons to believe that Singh's steady and rapid growth rate should be concern for Kapoor.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools