NBA Preview: Miami Heat vs. Memphis Grizzlies Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 9, 2014 11:30 PM EST
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat
The Grizzlies (45-32) have what looks like the toughest stretch to end the season considering they are chasing the Phoenix Suns (46-31) for the final and eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
While they still have lottery-bound squads Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers on schedule, they’ll also take on the Suns and Dallas Mavericks (7th place in the West) in their final two games of the regular season.
Memphis will have to beat the Heat who are raring to get back on the winning track after a bitter loss to the Brooklyn Nets, 88-87 on Tuesday. LeBron James got stuffed at the rim by Mason Plumlee to deny Miami what could have been the game-winning dunk.
James did finish with 29 points and added 10 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals but didn’t get much support in the Nets game. Chris Bosh only had 12 points missing 8 of 13 shots and no other Heat player ended up in double-digit scoring.
Miami’s rotation is short as well as Dwyane Wade and Greg Oden are scheduled out against Memphis and Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen are listed as day-to-day.
Meanwhile, the Grizzlies are coming off a loss as well—in embarrassing fashion. The San Antonio Spurs treated Memphis to a 112-92 blowout last Sunday as the Grizzlies allowed their rivals to shoot 55.5 per cent from the field (43/77 FG).
Offense took a hit as well as key players couldn’t hit their averages as Marc Gasol finished with only 6 points, Zach Randolph with 8 points and Courtney Lee with 4 points. Point guard Mike Conley had 18 points and 6 assists to lead the Grizzlies.
Memphis has always kept up with Miami in past match-ups including winning the last two at home. They are 4-4 in their last eight games overall vs. the Heat.
Watch the Miami vs. Memphis match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners