NBA Preview: Miami Heat vs. Memphis Grizzlies Live Streaming
By James Patrick Quizon | April 9, 2014 11:30 PM EST
NBA: Brooklyn Nets at Miami Heat
The Grizzlies (45-32) have what looks like the toughest stretch to end the season considering they are chasing the Phoenix Suns (46-31) for the final and eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
While they still have lottery-bound squads Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers on schedule, they’ll also take on the Suns and Dallas Mavericks (7th place in the West) in their final two games of the regular season.
Memphis will have to beat the Heat who are raring to get back on the winning track after a bitter loss to the Brooklyn Nets, 88-87 on Tuesday. LeBron James got stuffed at the rim by Mason Plumlee to deny Miami what could have been the game-winning dunk.
James did finish with 29 points and added 10 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals but didn’t get much support in the Nets game. Chris Bosh only had 12 points missing 8 of 13 shots and no other Heat player ended up in double-digit scoring.
Miami’s rotation is short as well as Dwyane Wade and Greg Oden are scheduled out against Memphis and Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen are listed as day-to-day.
Meanwhile, the Grizzlies are coming off a loss as well—in embarrassing fashion. The San Antonio Spurs treated Memphis to a 112-92 blowout last Sunday as the Grizzlies allowed their rivals to shoot 55.5 per cent from the field (43/77 FG).
Offense took a hit as well as key players couldn’t hit their averages as Marc Gasol finished with only 6 points, Zach Randolph with 8 points and Courtney Lee with 4 points. Point guard Mike Conley had 18 points and 6 assists to lead the Grizzlies.
Memphis has always kept up with Miami in past match-ups including winning the last two at home. They are 4-4 in their last eight games overall vs. the Heat.
Watch the Miami vs. Memphis match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’