Arjun Kapoor Discusses Relationship with Salman Khan's Sister Arpita
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 9, 2014 11:18 PM EST
Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor, amidst reports of his and Alia Bhatt's romantic link up, has divulged details of his past relation with Arpita Khan.
The 28-year-old in an interview with The Times of India revealed that he had once been in a serious relation with Salman Khan's sister Arpita Khan.
"My first and only serious relationship so far was with Arpita Khan. We started seeing each other when I was 18 and it lasted for two years... it was during the shooting of "Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya" that our relationship started," the actor told the tabloid.
However, the news indeed comes shocking since Khan is known to be quite protective of his youngest sister Arpita. But Kapoor let out that he voluntarily made known of their relationship status to the superstar.
"When we started dating, I was scared of Salman bhai and went and told him and the entire family as I wanted them to know from me first. They were very kind about it. He was taken aback, but he respects people and relationships."
Kapoor further revealed that the relationship was a comfortable phase, but the break up shifted gears in his life. The actor, however, assured that despite his past with Arpita, his rapport with Khan has remained affable as ever.
"(I)...felt my life was headed in the right direction and felt sorted ...till she broke up with me and suddenly I was confused about what my future held for me. Even after breaking up, I would hang out with him (Khan). He was my friend, my father-figure, older brother, everything at that point."
The actor, who stayed under Khan's guidance for about four years, stated that the superstar had not only pushed him to lose weight and become an actor, but also was his moral support at the time when his ailing mother, Mona Singh succumbed to cancer just before the release of his debut film "Ishaqzaade."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People