Transfer News: Club Officer Confirms Hertha Berlin Striker will Move to Borussia Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 9, 2014 10:52 PM EST
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed that Hertha Berlin striker Adrian Ramos will be moving to the Signal Iduna Park in the upcoming transfer window for an undisclosed fee.
"Adrian Ramos is an excellent footballer and one of the top scorers in Germany." - Michael Zorc, Borussia Dortmund sporting director
The Colombia international, who is expected to replace outgoing Robert Lewandowski, is impressing clubs around Europe, tallying a total of 16 goals and 7 assists in the ongoing Bundesliga.
Hertha is looking to make a profit out of the 28-year-old, whom they purchased for €2million from America de Cali and who has a contract due to expire in June 2013.
He has improved his scoring output since signing for Hertha in 2009 and is suggested to be valued around €11million.
"Adrian Ramos is an excellent footballer and one of the top scorers in Germany," Zorc told BBC Sport.
"It fits perfectly in Borussia Dortmund's requirements."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown