Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Hints Exit After Scoring Winning Goal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 9, 2014 10:20 PM EST
Chelsea striker Demba Ba scored the decider on Tuesday to get his side through to the semi-finals in the Champions League at the expense of Paris Saint Germain.
Chelsea's Demba Ba celebrates with team mate Samuel Eto'o at the end of their Champions League quarter-final second leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at Stamford Bridge in London
The Senegal international has seen limited opportunities in this year's campaign under the reign of Blues boss Jose Mourinho, but, nevertheless, responded when he was called upon.
He came off the bench on the 66th minute to replace Frank Lampard, but it wasn't until the 87th minute when he was able to find the back of the net from close range to make the score-line 3-3 on aggregate, with the west Londoners having the advantage of an away goal in the first-leg.
The "Special One" is not convinced with the way his attacking men have performed this season, but Ba thinks otherwise and hinted on a possible exit, should the Portuguese mentor remain unsatisfied.
"Maybe he [Mourinho] doesn't have strikers to his liking, but I know that we have three great strikers," Ba told the Daily Telegraph.
"And I think that a lot of clubs would like to have them."
In any case, the Senegal international feels ecstatic to have helped Chelsea come out victorious.
"I'm happy, I'm happy to have liberated us," he added.
"I haven't been given my chance much this season and I've taken it."
"It's the first time I've wished PSG to lose and it's me who scores the goal, luckily for Chelsea."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles