Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Hints Exit After Scoring Winning Goal
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 9, 2014 10:20 PM EST
Chelsea striker Demba Ba scored the decider on Tuesday to get his side through to the semi-finals in the Champions League at the expense of Paris Saint Germain.
Chelsea's Demba Ba celebrates with team mate Samuel Eto'o at the end of their Champions League quarter-final second leg soccer match against Paris St Germain at Stamford Bridge in London
The Senegal international has seen limited opportunities in this year's campaign under the reign of Blues boss Jose Mourinho, but, nevertheless, responded when he was called upon.
He came off the bench on the 66th minute to replace Frank Lampard, but it wasn't until the 87th minute when he was able to find the back of the net from close range to make the score-line 3-3 on aggregate, with the west Londoners having the advantage of an away goal in the first-leg.
The "Special One" is not convinced with the way his attacking men have performed this season, but Ba thinks otherwise and hinted on a possible exit, should the Portuguese mentor remain unsatisfied.
"Maybe he [Mourinho] doesn't have strikers to his liking, but I know that we have three great strikers," Ba told the Daily Telegraph.
"And I think that a lot of clubs would like to have them."
In any case, the Senegal international feels ecstatic to have helped Chelsea come out victorious.
"I'm happy, I'm happy to have liberated us," he added.
"I haven't been given my chance much this season and I've taken it."
"It's the first time I've wished PSG to lose and it's me who scores the goal, luckily for Chelsea."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown