FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca to Part Ways with Goalkeeper, Will Still Sign Targets this Summer Despite Ban
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 9, 2014 9:44 PM EST
FC Barcelona will let go of one of their long-serving goalkeeper, Jose Pinto, this summer as they look to revamp the composition of their defensive personnel.
FC Barcelona are confident that they will be able to sign their transfer targets this summer
The Spain national moved to the Nou Camp in 2008 from Celta and has since played the back-up role to currently-injured first-choice Victor Valdes.
"Our conversations with Pinto have been clear and transparent," Barcelona Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta told El Mundo Deportivo.
"We are continuing to work knowing what situation we are in, but things change every week and we are ready for anything."
"When one has a plan, one must remember that life has a way of taking many twists and turns."
"He knows our position and the lines of communication are very clear."
Barca have been handed a 14-month transfer ban by FIFA, but are confident that the decision would be overturned on appeal.
"We're working on an appeal that will give us an interim suspension of the transfer ban. We want to have a normal summer. We're convinced that we will be able to sign new players," Barca Vice-President Manel Arroyo told The Daily Mail.
"It's a significant ban and our legal team is working so that we'll be able to sign new players this summer."
The La Liga giants are currently linked with Borussia Monchengladbach number-one Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Levante's Keylor Navas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4