FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca to Part Ways with Goalkeeper, Will Still Sign Targets this Summer Despite Ban
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 9, 2014 9:44 PM EST
FC Barcelona will let go of one of their long-serving goalkeeper, Jose Pinto, this summer as they look to revamp the composition of their defensive personnel.
FC Barcelona are confident that they will be able to sign their transfer targets this summer
The Spain national moved to the Nou Camp in 2008 from Celta and has since played the back-up role to currently-injured first-choice Victor Valdes.
"Our conversations with Pinto have been clear and transparent," Barcelona Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta told El Mundo Deportivo.
"We are continuing to work knowing what situation we are in, but things change every week and we are ready for anything."
"When one has a plan, one must remember that life has a way of taking many twists and turns."
"He knows our position and the lines of communication are very clear."
Barca have been handed a 14-month transfer ban by FIFA, but are confident that the decision would be overturned on appeal.
"We're working on an appeal that will give us an interim suspension of the transfer ban. We want to have a normal summer. We're convinced that we will be able to sign new players," Barca Vice-President Manel Arroyo told The Daily Mail.
"It's a significant ban and our legal team is working so that we'll be able to sign new players this summer."
The La Liga giants are currently linked with Borussia Monchengladbach number-one Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Levante's Keylor Navas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools