FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca to Part Ways with Goalkeeper, Will Still Sign Targets this Summer Despite Ban
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 9, 2014 9:44 PM EST
FC Barcelona will let go of one of their long-serving goalkeeper, Jose Pinto, this summer as they look to revamp the composition of their defensive personnel.
FC Barcelona are confident that they will be able to sign their transfer targets this summer
The Spain national moved to the Nou Camp in 2008 from Celta and has since played the back-up role to currently-injured first-choice Victor Valdes.
"Our conversations with Pinto have been clear and transparent," Barcelona Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta told El Mundo Deportivo.
"We are continuing to work knowing what situation we are in, but things change every week and we are ready for anything."
"When one has a plan, one must remember that life has a way of taking many twists and turns."
"He knows our position and the lines of communication are very clear."
Barca have been handed a 14-month transfer ban by FIFA, but are confident that the decision would be overturned on appeal.
"We're working on an appeal that will give us an interim suspension of the transfer ban. We want to have a normal summer. We're convinced that we will be able to sign new players," Barca Vice-President Manel Arroyo told The Daily Mail.
"It's a significant ban and our legal team is working so that we'll be able to sign new players this summer."
The La Liga giants are currently linked with Borussia Monchengladbach number-one Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Levante's Keylor Navas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS