FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca to Part Ways with Goalkeeper, Will Still Sign Targets this Summer Despite Ban
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 9, 2014 9:44 PM EST
FC Barcelona will let go of one of their long-serving goalkeeper, Jose Pinto, this summer as they look to revamp the composition of their defensive personnel.
FC Barcelona are confident that they will be able to sign their transfer targets this summer
The Spain national moved to the Nou Camp in 2008 from Celta and has since played the back-up role to currently-injured first-choice Victor Valdes.
"Our conversations with Pinto have been clear and transparent," Barcelona Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta told El Mundo Deportivo.
"We are continuing to work knowing what situation we are in, but things change every week and we are ready for anything."
"When one has a plan, one must remember that life has a way of taking many twists and turns."
"He knows our position and the lines of communication are very clear."
Barca have been handed a 14-month transfer ban by FIFA, but are confident that the decision would be overturned on appeal.
"We're working on an appeal that will give us an interim suspension of the transfer ban. We want to have a normal summer. We're convinced that we will be able to sign new players," Barca Vice-President Manel Arroyo told The Daily Mail.
"It's a significant ban and our legal team is working so that we'll be able to sign new players this summer."
The La Liga giants are currently linked with Borussia Monchengladbach number-one Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Levante's Keylor Navas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown