‘Reign’ Episode 17 Spoilers ‘Liege Lord’: Secret Clause Makes Mary Rise as Queen of Scots [VIDEOS]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 9:30 PM EST
"Reign" returns this week with episode 17, titled "Liege Lord." The episode reveals the secret clause in Mary and Francis's marriage contract. This revelation is set to lay the base for Mary to rise as the Queen of Scotland in the true sense.
In the episode, Mary, to her shock, finds out that Scotland will belong to France if she dies without an heir. The synopsis of the episode reveals that this secret clause was inserted in her marriage contract by Mary's mother and Queen Catherine. Mary feels that Francis's family has once again betrayed her.
In the Insider clip, Francis can be seen telling Mary that it is not only his family that has betrayed her, suggesting that Marie de Guise has played an equal part.
Francis fears that if Mary is not announced as the successor to England's throne, King Henry might kill her to "cut his losses." Once Mary is dead, King Henry will take over Scotland and it his staging ground to invade England.
Brad Silberling, co-executive producer of "Reign," has said that this episode provides a real glimpse of Mary's rise to power and harnessing of that power.
"We will now see Mary have to make a very, very specific and big choice in her leadership of choosing her country and its future or France in a specific way that we've never seen before," Silberling said in the Insider clip.
[Youtube/The CW Television Network]
According to Laurie MaCarthy, co-executive producer of "Reign," the rise of Mary as Queen of Scotland will cause the fall of Mary's innocence. Mary's rise as the Queen of Scots will cost lives, as well, as Mary and France will try to turn Scotland against Marie de Guise.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Episode 17 "Liege Lord": "When Mary learns of a secret clause in her marriage contract that her mother, Marie de Guise and Queen Catherine orchestrated, Mary and Francis embark on a dangerous plan to turn Scotland against her mother -- and Mary gets her first taste of power as the Queen of Scots."
Allan Kroeker has directed "Liege Lord," written by Doris Egan.
[Youtube/The CW Television Network]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools