‘Reign’ Episode 17 Spoilers ‘Liege Lord’: Secret Clause Makes Mary Rise as Queen of Scots [VIDEOS]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 9:30 PM EST
"Reign" returns this week with episode 17, titled "Liege Lord." The episode reveals the secret clause in Mary and Francis's marriage contract. This revelation is set to lay the base for Mary to rise as the Queen of Scotland in the true sense.
In the episode, Mary, to her shock, finds out that Scotland will belong to France if she dies without an heir. The synopsis of the episode reveals that this secret clause was inserted in her marriage contract by Mary's mother and Queen Catherine. Mary feels that Francis's family has once again betrayed her.
In the Insider clip, Francis can be seen telling Mary that it is not only his family that has betrayed her, suggesting that Marie de Guise has played an equal part.
Francis fears that if Mary is not announced as the successor to England's throne, King Henry might kill her to "cut his losses." Once Mary is dead, King Henry will take over Scotland and it his staging ground to invade England.
Brad Silberling, co-executive producer of "Reign," has said that this episode provides a real glimpse of Mary's rise to power and harnessing of that power.
"We will now see Mary have to make a very, very specific and big choice in her leadership of choosing her country and its future or France in a specific way that we've never seen before," Silberling said in the Insider clip.
[Youtube/The CW Television Network]
According to Laurie MaCarthy, co-executive producer of "Reign," the rise of Mary as Queen of Scotland will cause the fall of Mary's innocence. Mary's rise as the Queen of Scots will cost lives, as well, as Mary and France will try to turn Scotland against Marie de Guise.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Episode 17 "Liege Lord": "When Mary learns of a secret clause in her marriage contract that her mother, Marie de Guise and Queen Catherine orchestrated, Mary and Francis embark on a dangerous plan to turn Scotland against her mother -- and Mary gets her first taste of power as the Queen of Scots."
Allan Kroeker has directed "Liege Lord," written by Doris Egan.
[Youtube/The CW Television Network]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2