‘Reign’ Episode 17 Spoilers ‘Liege Lord’: Secret Clause Makes Mary Rise as Queen of Scots [VIDEOS]
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 9, 2014 9:30 PM EST
"Reign" returns this week with episode 17, titled "Liege Lord." The episode reveals the secret clause in Mary and Francis's marriage contract. This revelation is set to lay the base for Mary to rise as the Queen of Scotland in the true sense.
In the episode, Mary, to her shock, finds out that Scotland will belong to France if she dies without an heir. The synopsis of the episode reveals that this secret clause was inserted in her marriage contract by Mary's mother and Queen Catherine. Mary feels that Francis's family has once again betrayed her.
In the Insider clip, Francis can be seen telling Mary that it is not only his family that has betrayed her, suggesting that Marie de Guise has played an equal part.
Francis fears that if Mary is not announced as the successor to England's throne, King Henry might kill her to "cut his losses." Once Mary is dead, King Henry will take over Scotland and it his staging ground to invade England.
Brad Silberling, co-executive producer of "Reign," has said that this episode provides a real glimpse of Mary's rise to power and harnessing of that power.
"We will now see Mary have to make a very, very specific and big choice in her leadership of choosing her country and its future or France in a specific way that we've never seen before," Silberling said in the Insider clip.
[Youtube/The CW Television Network]
According to Laurie MaCarthy, co-executive producer of "Reign," the rise of Mary as Queen of Scotland will cause the fall of Mary's innocence. Mary's rise as the Queen of Scots will cost lives, as well, as Mary and France will try to turn Scotland against Marie de Guise.
Official Synopsis of "Reign" Episode 17 "Liege Lord": "When Mary learns of a secret clause in her marriage contract that her mother, Marie de Guise and Queen Catherine orchestrated, Mary and Francis embark on a dangerous plan to turn Scotland against her mother -- and Mary gets her first taste of power as the Queen of Scots."
Allan Kroeker has directed "Liege Lord," written by Doris Egan.
[Youtube/The CW Television Network]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate