Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS Update for Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2: Will it Happen in April?
By Raymond Ronamai | April 9, 2014 9:17 PM EST
File photo of a man picking up an accessory part that is compatible with Samsung Electronics' smartphones in Seoul
Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS, which has been introduced in the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy S5, is expected to be release either in April or May for devices like Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2, according to a report by Android Geeks.
Several reports in March had claimed that Samsung would release KitKat OS for some of its older smartphones, but it never happened, disappointing the users. The South Korean electronics giant has failed to cater the needs of the Android users, despite complaints from several quarters on the lack of OS update for its smartphones, which could force the users to opt for other brands.
Samsung Galaxy S3, which revolutionized Samsung brand in many ways from specifications to design, would get a big boost if Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is made available, as it will come with new features like Location Settings, Default App Settings, Wireless Printing, full-screen mode among others. Moreover, KitKat OS is said to be more stable and faster than the Jelly Bean.
There are also reports that Samsung may delay the release of Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for its older devices, so that its users might upgrade to its recently unveiled Galaxy S5.
However, delay in the release of Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the older devices can have an adverse effect on the company, as impatient users may go for other brands available in the market instead of upgrading their handset to Galaxy S5.
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan