Project Spark Board Game Team Dakota 'Always Offline'
By Karla Danica Figuerres | April 9, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Project Spark has proven to be many things - from epic RPGs to Linkin Park music videos to beer commercials. Currently, Project Spark takes the game further than the limits of your TV screen.
Team Dakota announced via Tumblr that Project Spark board game is coming with all the elements that made the Xbox One game a hit with fans. Similar to the video game, the Project Spark board game appears easy to learn but may be difficult to master.
Here are the board game details courtesy of Project Spark Tumblr:
1.Project Spark board game marker mode allows users to choose the board color and put life into the cards. There is a wide array of colors to choose from to have the widest range of creative expression.
2. Scissor mode allows users to shape characters, terrain, cards and weapons.
3. Brain mode gives users option to make its own game rules with plain-spoken language crafted to the personal preferences.
Project Spark board game is still under development so tweaks are expected before its official release date, which is expected to happen sometime this holiday season.
"The digital version of Project Spark really showed us the power of working directly with the community and using their feedback to improve the game. It worked so well, that it quickly became clear that Team Dakota, ourselves, were the bottleneck that created the only limit to what could be accomplished,"
Mike Lescault, Team Dakota's community manager, said, "With PS:TBG, we've taken the innovative step of removing ourselves from the equation and letting our players directly create the board game they want to play."
"The days of being a software company are behind us, and we need to continually look ahead to keep pace with today's evolving consumer marketplace," Michael Wolf, Project Spark marketing manager, said.
"With the rapid growth of online and mobile gaming, it's become clear the future of interactive entertainment is going to be where people want it most; in their homes. We'll be in kitchens, on cafeteria tables, in coffee shops, and possibly even the living room floor. This is the future and we're very excited to be part of it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Classes, Quests, Items, 'PvP,' Dungeons, Creatures, 'NPCs' And Bug Fixes
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports