Project Spark Board Game Team Dakota 'Always Offline'
By Karla Danica Figuerres | April 9, 2014 8:57 PM EST
Project Spark has proven to be many things - from epic RPGs to Linkin Park music videos to beer commercials. Currently, Project Spark takes the game further than the limits of your TV screen.
Team Dakota announced via Tumblr that Project Spark board game is coming with all the elements that made the Xbox One game a hit with fans. Similar to the video game, the Project Spark board game appears easy to learn but may be difficult to master.
Here are the board game details courtesy of Project Spark Tumblr:
1.Project Spark board game marker mode allows users to choose the board color and put life into the cards. There is a wide array of colors to choose from to have the widest range of creative expression.
2. Scissor mode allows users to shape characters, terrain, cards and weapons.
3. Brain mode gives users option to make its own game rules with plain-spoken language crafted to the personal preferences.
Project Spark board game is still under development so tweaks are expected before its official release date, which is expected to happen sometime this holiday season.
"The digital version of Project Spark really showed us the power of working directly with the community and using their feedback to improve the game. It worked so well, that it quickly became clear that Team Dakota, ourselves, were the bottleneck that created the only limit to what could be accomplished,"
Mike Lescault, Team Dakota's community manager, said, "With PS:TBG, we've taken the innovative step of removing ourselves from the equation and letting our players directly create the board game they want to play."
"The days of being a software company are behind us, and we need to continually look ahead to keep pace with today's evolving consumer marketplace," Michael Wolf, Project Spark marketing manager, said.
"With the rapid growth of online and mobile gaming, it's become clear the future of interactive entertainment is going to be where people want it most; in their homes. We'll be in kitchens, on cafeteria tables, in coffee shops, and possibly even the living room floor. This is the future and we're very excited to be part of it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports