Blood Moon’s Apocalypse Coming? Will The World Come to an End after Total Lunar Eclipse?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 9, 2014 8:21 PM EST
With a rare and strange astronomical event underway, fears of an apparent apocalypse are growing.
A total lunar eclipse, dubbed as the 'blood moon' is expected on 14-15 April, which will be first of four other similar blood moons over the next 18 months. The rare lunar eclipse will make the moon appear a reddish-orange hue (similar to blood) and the same 'Blood Moon' will occur three times before the end of 2015.
With an impending rare astronomical event of four blood moons or Total Lunar Eclipses approaching, fears are growing of an apocalypse. (Image: Wiki Commons)
What is interesting about the four blood moons is that the first one will come just a week after a rare event took place on Tuesday night when Mars, Earth and the sun arranged themselves in a cosmic alignment - an event known as an Opposition of Mars.
The King James Bible Predicts: "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD comes," (Joel 2: 31]
"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood." [Revelation 6:12 -14]
The first of the four lunar eclipse (a phenomenon known as a tetrad to astronomers) that will be seen on 15 April will also bizarrely coincide with the Jewish festivals of Passover and Sukkot in 2014 and 2015, the Belfast Telegraph Notes.
"Every time this had happened in the last 500 years, it has coincided with tragedy for the Jewish people followed by triumph," American pastor and author John Hagee, who wrote the book 'Four Blood Moons: Something is About To Change, told the Daily Express.
"And once again, for Israel, the timing of this Terad is remarkable," he said.
He goes on to say that each of the four next total lunar eclipses will coincide with Passover (15 April in 2014, 4 April in 2015) and Sukkot or the Feast of the Tabernacles (8 October 2014 and 28 September 2015).
NASA has confirmed that the Tetrad has happened only three times in more than 500 years. According to the report in Express, the first Tetrad in 1493 saw the expulsion of Jews by the Catholic Spanish Inquisition, which is said to have rocked Europe.
The second tetrad coincided with the establishment of the State of Israel, which was achieved after thousands of years of struggle - 1949.
Interestingly, the last one occurred in 1967 precisely at the time of Six-Day Arab-Israeli War in 1967.
So the upcoming blood moon has many believing that the end of the world is near-or as proclaimed in the words in the bible, the second coming of Christ is upon us.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales