Blood Moon’s Apocalypse Coming? Will The World Come to an End after Total Lunar Eclipse?
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 9, 2014 8:21 PM EST
With a rare and strange astronomical event underway, fears of an apparent apocalypse are growing.
A total lunar eclipse, dubbed as the 'blood moon' is expected on 14-15 April, which will be first of four other similar blood moons over the next 18 months. The rare lunar eclipse will make the moon appear a reddish-orange hue (similar to blood) and the same 'Blood Moon' will occur three times before the end of 2015.
With an impending rare astronomical event of four blood moons or Total Lunar Eclipses approaching, fears are growing of an apocalypse. (Image: Wiki Commons)
What is interesting about the four blood moons is that the first one will come just a week after a rare event took place on Tuesday night when Mars, Earth and the sun arranged themselves in a cosmic alignment - an event known as an Opposition of Mars.
The King James Bible Predicts: "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD comes," (Joel 2: 31]
"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood." [Revelation 6:12 -14]
The first of the four lunar eclipse (a phenomenon known as a tetrad to astronomers) that will be seen on 15 April will also bizarrely coincide with the Jewish festivals of Passover and Sukkot in 2014 and 2015, the Belfast Telegraph Notes.
"Every time this had happened in the last 500 years, it has coincided with tragedy for the Jewish people followed by triumph," American pastor and author John Hagee, who wrote the book 'Four Blood Moons: Something is About To Change, told the Daily Express.
"And once again, for Israel, the timing of this Terad is remarkable," he said.
He goes on to say that each of the four next total lunar eclipses will coincide with Passover (15 April in 2014, 4 April in 2015) and Sukkot or the Feast of the Tabernacles (8 October 2014 and 28 September 2015).
NASA has confirmed that the Tetrad has happened only three times in more than 500 years. According to the report in Express, the first Tetrad in 1493 saw the expulsion of Jews by the Catholic Spanish Inquisition, which is said to have rocked Europe.
The second tetrad coincided with the establishment of the State of Israel, which was achieved after thousands of years of struggle - 1949.
Interestingly, the last one occurred in 1967 precisely at the time of Six-Day Arab-Israeli War in 1967.
So the upcoming blood moon has many believing that the end of the world is near-or as proclaimed in the words in the bible, the second coming of Christ is upon us.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation