Politician Turns 'Spider Man,' Climbs High Rise Buildings to Capture Public Votes
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 9, 2014 8:17 PM EST
Is that "Spider Man" swinging through residential homes and high-rise buildings? He looked like spidey, indeed. A little low on the costume, but still passable.
Gaurav Sharma, an independent candidate also known as the Indian Spider-Man, poses as he arrives to file his nomination for the upcoming general election in Mumbai April 4, 2014. India, the world's largest democracy, will hold its general election in nine stages staggered between April 7 and May 12.
It wasn't Andrew Garfield who stars in the upcoming, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie, which will be released on May 2 in the U.S. He was the politician from India named Gaurav Sharma, who according to an ABC report is running for Congress on April 24 election as representative of South Mumbai in India.
On a video clip posted on YouTube, the politician dressed in a "Spider Man" suit can be seen climbing buildings and talking to residents in the hopes that he will gain their votes in the election.
Sharma is known to be an independent candidate hoping to enter the Parliament in India, considered to have the world's largest democracy.
"Hello everyone. This is Gaurav Sharma, the Spiderman. Do vote for spider-man in this coming election. Love you, thank you so much," Sharma can be heard saying on the video.
Sharma is now considered as the "Indian Spider Man." Aside from being a politician, and a spider man, Sharma is also a martial arts trainer. He is reportedly using the spider man act as part of his political campaign, wishing he can convince the voters that he can gain some superpowers same as the ones of the original spiderman.
According to spiderfan.org, spiderman's superpowers can be broken down into four categories.
1. Spider-Strength - has physical power that makes him capable of lifting heavy stuffs.
2. Spider-Speed - has got good body reflexes that can make him easily get away from a villain attack.
3. Spider-Grip - can walk on walls, ceilings and the likes.
4. Spider-Sense - has great skills when it comes to detecting danger.
Spiderman has been a famous superhero since its original comic version was released. According to the history and profile of spiderman on superherostuff.com, writer Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko originally built the character of Peter Parker who eventually turned to become spiderman after being bitten by a radioactive spider.
But despite spiderman's superpowers, Gaurav Sharma is still human. He can be just like any other man out there. Spiderman has been mostly described as "your friendly neighborhood" and Sharma must have been thinking of it when he started scaling residential homes.
WATCH: Indian Spider-Man Runs for Parliament [SOURCE]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown