Politician Turns 'Spider Man,' Climbs High Rise Buildings to Capture Public Votes
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 9, 2014 8:17 PM EST
Is that "Spider Man" swinging through residential homes and high-rise buildings? He looked like spidey, indeed. A little low on the costume, but still passable.
Gaurav Sharma, an independent candidate also known as the Indian Spider-Man, poses as he arrives to file his nomination for the upcoming general election in Mumbai April 4, 2014. India, the world's largest democracy, will hold its general election in nine stages staggered between April 7 and May 12.
It wasn't Andrew Garfield who stars in the upcoming, "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie, which will be released on May 2 in the U.S. He was the politician from India named Gaurav Sharma, who according to an ABC report is running for Congress on April 24 election as representative of South Mumbai in India.
On a video clip posted on YouTube, the politician dressed in a "Spider Man" suit can be seen climbing buildings and talking to residents in the hopes that he will gain their votes in the election.
Sharma is known to be an independent candidate hoping to enter the Parliament in India, considered to have the world's largest democracy.
"Hello everyone. This is Gaurav Sharma, the Spiderman. Do vote for spider-man in this coming election. Love you, thank you so much," Sharma can be heard saying on the video.
Sharma is now considered as the "Indian Spider Man." Aside from being a politician, and a spider man, Sharma is also a martial arts trainer. He is reportedly using the spider man act as part of his political campaign, wishing he can convince the voters that he can gain some superpowers same as the ones of the original spiderman.
According to spiderfan.org, spiderman's superpowers can be broken down into four categories.
1. Spider-Strength - has physical power that makes him capable of lifting heavy stuffs.
2. Spider-Speed - has got good body reflexes that can make him easily get away from a villain attack.
3. Spider-Grip - can walk on walls, ceilings and the likes.
4. Spider-Sense - has great skills when it comes to detecting danger.
Spiderman has been a famous superhero since its original comic version was released. According to the history and profile of spiderman on superherostuff.com, writer Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko originally built the character of Peter Parker who eventually turned to become spiderman after being bitten by a radioactive spider.
But despite spiderman's superpowers, Gaurav Sharma is still human. He can be just like any other man out there. Spiderman has been mostly described as "your friendly neighborhood" and Sharma must have been thinking of it when he started scaling residential homes.
WATCH: Indian Spider-Man Runs for Parliament [SOURCE]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best