Peaches Geldof's Death: Did Juice Diet, Extreme Weight Loss Lead to Cardiac Arrest?
By Sonam Malik | April 9, 2014 7:14 PM EST
Peaches Geldof's death has come as a shock to her family and friends. The mother of two passed away on 7 April under mysterious circumstances, leaving no clues as to what really happened. Kent Police said in an official statement that Geldof's death is sudden and cannot be explained. Moreover, police did not find any foul play and no hints of suicide.
Geldof's body has now been taken to the hospital for post-mortem and further investigations, reported BBC News.
Geldof's mother Paula Yates had died of a drug overdose in 2000 and reports suggested that the same tragedy might have befallen on the 25-year-old writer, presenter and model. However, British press is speculating that Geldof's death has to do with her history of odd diets.
Not many know that Geldof was obsessed with looking good in front of the media and often gave up food for days.
In late 2011, Geldof told OK! about her special one-month vegetable juice diet.
"I do juicing. You juice vegetables and then you drink it three times a day. It's gross. I do it usually for about a month," she said at the time. "I have no willpower but with the juicing I'm like, 'I have to do it because I have to lose this extra ten pounds.'"
She further told the publication that public pressure gets to her and she wants look thin in front of the shutterbugs.
"Sometimes it's hard. If you open any high-fashion magazine, the girls in it are stick-thin and then they've been airbrushed down to the point where it's just like, ludicrousness. I have days when I wake up and think: 'I'm so fat.'"
Lack of nutrition can lead to electrolyte abnormalities, thus making way for acute cardiac arrest; a spokesperson from British Dietetic Association told The Sun, regarding one of the possible reasons for Geldof's death.
Moreover, earlier this year Geldof alarmed her fans with Instagram shots of her abnormally thin waist and arms. The photos were from London Fashion Week and her fans called her "scary" and "super skinny".
These are just conjectures as of now and the official reason behind Geldof's death is yet to be ascertained.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique