Peaches Geldof's Death: Did Juice Diet, Extreme Weight Loss Lead to Cardiac Arrest?
By Sonam Malik | April 9, 2014 7:14 PM EST
Peaches Geldof's death has come as a shock to her family and friends. The mother of two passed away on 7 April under mysterious circumstances, leaving no clues as to what really happened. Kent Police said in an official statement that Geldof's death is sudden and cannot be explained. Moreover, police did not find any foul play and no hints of suicide.
Geldof's body has now been taken to the hospital for post-mortem and further investigations, reported BBC News.
Geldof's mother Paula Yates had died of a drug overdose in 2000 and reports suggested that the same tragedy might have befallen on the 25-year-old writer, presenter and model. However, British press is speculating that Geldof's death has to do with her history of odd diets.
Not many know that Geldof was obsessed with looking good in front of the media and often gave up food for days.
In late 2011, Geldof told OK! about her special one-month vegetable juice diet.
"I do juicing. You juice vegetables and then you drink it three times a day. It's gross. I do it usually for about a month," she said at the time. "I have no willpower but with the juicing I'm like, 'I have to do it because I have to lose this extra ten pounds.'"
She further told the publication that public pressure gets to her and she wants look thin in front of the shutterbugs.
"Sometimes it's hard. If you open any high-fashion magazine, the girls in it are stick-thin and then they've been airbrushed down to the point where it's just like, ludicrousness. I have days when I wake up and think: 'I'm so fat.'"
Lack of nutrition can lead to electrolyte abnormalities, thus making way for acute cardiac arrest; a spokesperson from British Dietetic Association told The Sun, regarding one of the possible reasons for Geldof's death.
Moreover, earlier this year Geldof alarmed her fans with Instagram shots of her abnormally thin waist and arms. The photos were from London Fashion Week and her fans called her "scary" and "super skinny".
These are just conjectures as of now and the official reason behind Geldof's death is yet to be ascertained.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged