Peaches Geldof's Death: Did Juice Diet, Extreme Weight Loss Lead to Cardiac Arrest?
By Sonam Malik | April 9, 2014 7:14 PM EST
Peaches Geldof's death has come as a shock to her family and friends. The mother of two passed away on 7 April under mysterious circumstances, leaving no clues as to what really happened. Kent Police said in an official statement that Geldof's death is sudden and cannot be explained. Moreover, police did not find any foul play and no hints of suicide.
Geldof's body has now been taken to the hospital for post-mortem and further investigations, reported BBC News.
Geldof's mother Paula Yates had died of a drug overdose in 2000 and reports suggested that the same tragedy might have befallen on the 25-year-old writer, presenter and model. However, British press is speculating that Geldof's death has to do with her history of odd diets.
Not many know that Geldof was obsessed with looking good in front of the media and often gave up food for days.
In late 2011, Geldof told OK! about her special one-month vegetable juice diet.
"I do juicing. You juice vegetables and then you drink it three times a day. It's gross. I do it usually for about a month," she said at the time. "I have no willpower but with the juicing I'm like, 'I have to do it because I have to lose this extra ten pounds.'"
She further told the publication that public pressure gets to her and she wants look thin in front of the shutterbugs.
"Sometimes it's hard. If you open any high-fashion magazine, the girls in it are stick-thin and then they've been airbrushed down to the point where it's just like, ludicrousness. I have days when I wake up and think: 'I'm so fat.'"
Lack of nutrition can lead to electrolyte abnormalities, thus making way for acute cardiac arrest; a spokesperson from British Dietetic Association told The Sun, regarding one of the possible reasons for Geldof's death.
Moreover, earlier this year Geldof alarmed her fans with Instagram shots of her abnormally thin waist and arms. The photos were from London Fashion Week and her fans called her "scary" and "super skinny".
These are just conjectures as of now and the official reason behind Geldof's death is yet to be ascertained.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best