‘Housefull 3’: Akshay Kumar to Team up with Abhishek Bachchan?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 9, 2014 7:12 PM EST
The successful "Housefull" series, with Akshay Kumar in the lead, is lining up a third instalment.
"Housefull" and "Housefull 2", the two previous films in the comedy series, featured Kumar and Riteish Deshmukh, and now Abhishek Bachchan will join the cast for the third flick, reported The Times of India.
The Kumar-Bachchan team is expected to bring the entertainment element to the fore. And since Bachchan has already proved his comic calibre in films like "Bol Bachchan", the choice to cast him comes across a wise one.
Interestingly, Bachchan has previously worked with Kumar in "Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kiya" (2002). However, there has been no development on the film's female leads and the rest of the cast yet.
Deepika Padukone and Lara Dutt had featured in the "Housefull", while the sequel featured quite a few heroines - Jacqueline Fernandes, Asin Thottumkal, Zarine Khan and Shazahn Padamsee.
Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala, the third film will have a major change as Sajid Khan, who had helmed the previous films in the series, has been replaced by director duo Sajid-Farhad. The duo is set to make their directorial debut in the soon-to-be-released "It's Entertainment" featuring Kumar and Tamannaah Bhatia.
While "Housefull 2" proved quite successful, raking in ₹100 crore at the box office, it remains to be seen whether Kumar and Bachchan can recreate a similar magic together.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch