Smash Bros. Revealed via Nintendo Direct, Complete Details; Pokemon Charizard and Greninja Join Roster [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 9, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Nintendo has revealed details of the new Smash Bros. game.
The company has announced that it will be releasing Smash Bros for 3DS, which will be followed by the release of Wii U version of the game in winter 2014. This was revealed by Masahiro Sakurai, the series creator during the Nintendo Direct presentation.
Super Smash Bros are fighting video games that have characters from not only Nintendo but also from other third party Nintendo games. These games are still under development.
Technical information revealed during the presentation:
- Super Smash Bros will have 60 FPS even in stereoscopic 3D
- Some of the assisting characters will be running at 30 FPS but its vitals will be smoothly
What are the differences between Smash Bros. 3DS and its Wii U version:
- The characters in both the versions will be the same
- There will be different stages with different designs.
- In 3DS version, each stage will have atleast 2 musical pieces per stage.
- In Wii U version, players can search for music from the past games.
Stages in 3DS version:
- Reset Bomb Forest
- 3D Land
- Spirit Train
- Gerudo Valley
- Arena Ferox
- Tortimer Island
- Living Room
- Prism Tower
- Rainbow Road
- Find Mii
- Balloon Fight
- Jungle Japes
Stages in Wii U version:
- Mario Galaxy
- Town and City
- Boxing Ring
- Pilot Wings
- Windy Hill
- Garden of Hope
- Wii Fit Studio
- Palutena's Temple
Though some have appeared in previous games, they are all back in the new game.
Online Play in the game:
The game's Wii version will have online multiplayer, where players can play not only with their friends but anyone online. 3DS will have online multiplayer too, but players need good internet connectivity. To optimize the online connectivity players have been advised to use Wii LAN adapter for Wii U version and fast wireless access point on 3DS version.
Players in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, were able to freely choose and customize their matches when played as anonymous online, leading to numerous issues.
But in the new game, players can do more things online. Nintendo has two modes for players to choose from:
1. For Fun - Stage selection will be random but it will not be including the Final destination. There will be chance of all items making an appearance. Smash battles will be online and only your wins will be recorded here.
2. For Glory - Here only the Final Destination stage will be available and there will be no elevated platforms here. It will have flat surfaces. You will not see any items here. You can have one-one battles. Here both wins and losses can be recorded.
Players who play with their friends can set their own rules and increase the fun. He also revealed that all the stages have a form of Final Destination.
Online Multiplayer Matches:
- No anonymous logins and it has to be linked to your Nintendo Network ID
- Ability to report bad behavior
- Code of conduct will be in place
- Players can institute temporary bans on -
1. Starting the matches and not playing it
2. Repeated purposeful self-destructs
3. Targeting only one character
4. Dropping out of matches, frequently
6. Reporting on other players without any reason
Global Smash Power:
Nintendo has announced that there will be no leaderboard but gives players a Scoring competition where they have to score. A new ranking system has been created where a player having a bigger number has better you are among so many others. Ranking will not be there for online multiplayer
- Beam Sword
- Smart Bomb
- Motion Sensor Bomb
- POW Block
- Fire Bar
- Back SHIELD
- Fairy Bottle
- Ore Club
- X Bomb
- Hocotate Bomb
- Rocket Belt
- Steel Diver
- Knuckle Joe
- Saki Amamiya
- Dr. Wright
- Skull Kid
- Mother Brain
- Dark Samus
- Chain Chomp
- Elec Man
- Color TV Game 15
List of Characters in the game (Smash Bros Official Website):
- Zero Suit Samus
- Diddy Kong
- Little Mac
- King Dedede
- Rosalina and Luma
- Toon Link
- Pikmin and Olimar
- Donkey Kong
- Mega Man
- Wii Fit Trainer
Pokemon Charizard and Greninja Join Roster
Nintendo has announced that Pokemons, Charizard and Greninja will be joining the roster of characters in the upcoming Super Smash Bros.
The game has other two Pokemon namely Pikachu and Lucari are also playable in Super Smash Bros.
(YouTube Courtesy: Nintendo)
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS