Smash Bros. Revealed via Nintendo Direct, Complete Details; Pokemon Charizard and Greninja Join Roster [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | April 9, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Nintendo has revealed details of the new Smash Bros. game.
The company has announced that it will be releasing Smash Bros for 3DS, which will be followed by the release of Wii U version of the game in winter 2014. This was revealed by Masahiro Sakurai, the series creator during the Nintendo Direct presentation.
Super Smash Bros are fighting video games that have characters from not only Nintendo but also from other third party Nintendo games. These games are still under development.
Technical information revealed during the presentation:
- Super Smash Bros will have 60 FPS even in stereoscopic 3D
- Some of the assisting characters will be running at 30 FPS but its vitals will be smoothly
What are the differences between Smash Bros. 3DS and its Wii U version:
- The characters in both the versions will be the same
- There will be different stages with different designs.
- In 3DS version, each stage will have atleast 2 musical pieces per stage.
- In Wii U version, players can search for music from the past games.
Stages in 3DS version:
- Reset Bomb Forest
- 3D Land
- Spirit Train
- Gerudo Valley
- Arena Ferox
- Tortimer Island
- Living Room
- Prism Tower
- Rainbow Road
- Find Mii
- Balloon Fight
- Jungle Japes
Stages in Wii U version:
- Mario Galaxy
- Town and City
- Boxing Ring
- Pilot Wings
- Windy Hill
- Garden of Hope
- Wii Fit Studio
- Palutena's Temple
Though some have appeared in previous games, they are all back in the new game.
Online Play in the game:
The game's Wii version will have online multiplayer, where players can play not only with their friends but anyone online. 3DS will have online multiplayer too, but players need good internet connectivity. To optimize the online connectivity players have been advised to use Wii LAN adapter for Wii U version and fast wireless access point on 3DS version.
Players in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, were able to freely choose and customize their matches when played as anonymous online, leading to numerous issues.
But in the new game, players can do more things online. Nintendo has two modes for players to choose from:
1. For Fun - Stage selection will be random but it will not be including the Final destination. There will be chance of all items making an appearance. Smash battles will be online and only your wins will be recorded here.
2. For Glory - Here only the Final Destination stage will be available and there will be no elevated platforms here. It will have flat surfaces. You will not see any items here. You can have one-one battles. Here both wins and losses can be recorded.
Players who play with their friends can set their own rules and increase the fun. He also revealed that all the stages have a form of Final Destination.
Online Multiplayer Matches:
- No anonymous logins and it has to be linked to your Nintendo Network ID
- Ability to report bad behavior
- Code of conduct will be in place
- Players can institute temporary bans on -
1. Starting the matches and not playing it
2. Repeated purposeful self-destructs
3. Targeting only one character
4. Dropping out of matches, frequently
6. Reporting on other players without any reason
Global Smash Power:
Nintendo has announced that there will be no leaderboard but gives players a Scoring competition where they have to score. A new ranking system has been created where a player having a bigger number has better you are among so many others. Ranking will not be there for online multiplayer
- Beam Sword
- Smart Bomb
- Motion Sensor Bomb
- POW Block
- Fire Bar
- Back SHIELD
- Fairy Bottle
- Ore Club
- X Bomb
- Hocotate Bomb
- Rocket Belt
- Steel Diver
- Knuckle Joe
- Saki Amamiya
- Dr. Wright
- Skull Kid
- Mother Brain
- Dark Samus
- Chain Chomp
- Elec Man
- Color TV Game 15
List of Characters in the game (Smash Bros Official Website):
- Zero Suit Samus
- Diddy Kong
- Little Mac
- King Dedede
- Rosalina and Luma
- Toon Link
- Pikmin and Olimar
- Donkey Kong
- Mega Man
- Wii Fit Trainer
Pokemon Charizard and Greninja Join Roster
Nintendo has announced that Pokemons, Charizard and Greninja will be joining the roster of characters in the upcoming Super Smash Bros.
The game has other two Pokemon namely Pikachu and Lucari are also playable in Super Smash Bros.
(YouTube Courtesy: Nintendo)
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand