Apple Release Roundup: WWDC 2014 Announcement, MacBook Air Retina, iWatch and iPhone 6 Release Date and Specs
By Precious Silva | April 9, 2014 6:55 PM EST
Apple has made headlines once more following its announcement of the World Wide Developer's Conference of WWDC. The tech giant will be holding the event from June 2 to 6 in San Francisco. With the company's revelation, many are also expecting Apple to shed more light on what people can expect from its upcoming releases. These include the MacBook Air Retina, iWatch and the iPhone 6.
The WWDC is a yearly event hosted by Apple to announce its new set of devices including operating systems to developers. It is an exclusive view into what developers can expect from the tech giant. Likewise, the WWDC has become an anticipated event among consumers as well to get a peak at upcoming Apple products.
While there are reports claiming that Apple may change the release date of the iPhone 6 to June instead of September, there are analysts who believe it might not happen. Apple may stick to its original timeline but that remains debatable unless more information about WWDC surfaces.
"We have the most amazing developer community in the world and have a great week planned for them," Philip Schiller said in a press release. Mr Schiller is Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
"Every year the WWDC audience becomes more diverse, with developers from almost every discipline you can imagine and coming from every corner of the globe. We look forward to sharing with them our latest advances in iOS and OS X so they can create the next generation of great apps." He added.
Here is an overview of what the rumor mill has been buzzing about Apple's products:
- The iPhone 6 will have two versions: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. Graphic designer Sam Beckett told Washington Post that he expects the upcoming device to ship with a 1920x1080 display.
- According to 9to5 Mac, Apple will be including a Healthbook fitness app and independent iTunes Radio app to iOS 8.
- Apple may give the MacBook Air a Retina treatment.
- The iWatch will be released around December along with the iPad Pro.
There is information yet what Apple plans to reveal exactly during the event or which products will appear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery