Mitch Kupchak Extends Stay as Los Angeles Lakers GM
By James Patrick Quizon | April 9, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Mitch Kupchak is staying in Hollywood to run the purple-and-gold. The Los Angeles Lakers general manager will stay with the Los Angeles Lakers after agreeing to a multiyear extension according to a report in ESPN.COM.
NBA: New York Knicks at Los Angeles Lakers
Kupchack actually still had one year left in the previous contract but both parties decided for the early extension. The terms of the new contract were not disclosed.
The 2013-2014 NBA season has been the most challenging so far for Kupchack, who has been with the franchise in different functions since 1986. He was named Lakers GM in 2000 and delivered four championships since.
The Lakers are currently at 25-52 for the season. The win-loss record is just one game ahead of the Utah Jazz (24-53) for worst in the Western Conference. This is also the worst Lakers team record-wise since 1958.
However, this could all be part of the Lakers (tanking) plans. Kupchack will have a high draft pick and cap space to work with as he continue rebuilding Los Angeles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight