Mitch Kupchak Extends Stay as Los Angeles Lakers GM
By James Patrick Quizon | April 9, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Mitch Kupchak is staying in Hollywood to run the purple-and-gold. The Los Angeles Lakers general manager will stay with the Los Angeles Lakers after agreeing to a multiyear extension according to a report in ESPN.COM.
NBA: New York Knicks at Los Angeles Lakers
Kupchack actually still had one year left in the previous contract but both parties decided for the early extension. The terms of the new contract were not disclosed.
The 2013-2014 NBA season has been the most challenging so far for Kupchack, who has been with the franchise in different functions since 1986. He was named Lakers GM in 2000 and delivered four championships since.
The Lakers are currently at 25-52 for the season. The win-loss record is just one game ahead of the Utah Jazz (24-53) for worst in the Western Conference. This is also the worst Lakers team record-wise since 1958.
However, this could all be part of the Lakers (tanking) plans. Kupchack will have a high draft pick and cap space to work with as he continue rebuilding Los Angeles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date