Howard Stern Blasts Jeff Van Gundy on Radio Show
By James Patrick Quizon | April 9, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Jeff Van Gundy called out radio personality Howard Stern during the broadcast of the Brooklyn Nets vs. New York Knicks game last Wednesday. Stern learned about it and fired back in his radio show and blasted the popular basketball commentator calling him a “loser” and “midget” among a few choice words.
The banter was prompted when Van Gundy contended during the ESPN broadcast that “people like Stern don’t deserve front row seats.”
Stern did not take JVG’s criticism too lightly and went on a lengthy rant against the former Knicks coach on Tuesday.
“Jeff, I hate to explain it to you, but people who are really busy and have multiple careers going and get up at all hours of the day, they can’t stay at the basketball game,” said the personality once hailed as the “King of All Media.”
And Stern wouldn’t be denied with his attack.
“Has he ever won a championship? So, he wouldn’t really understand the effort it takes,” Stern continued. “I’ve been No. 1 many times in my career, Jeff, and let me tell you something it takes intense dedication. I can’t sit at Knicks game all night, I’ve got way much to do. … Sometimes you have to leave a Knicks game early.”
To end Howard challenged Van Gundy, saying the next time he wants to criticize him, “say it to my f---ing face.”
JVG has yet to respond to the Howard rant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June