iPad Pro Release and Specs Roundup: Eye Tracking, A8 Chip, 4K 12.9-inch Display
By Precious Silva | April 9, 2014 5:16 PM EST
Apple will be releasing a range of major products in the second half of the year. According to recent information, it appears the tech giant will be pushing for the release of the iPad Pro. Reports suggest that the device will feature a 12.9-inch display, 4K, A8 processor chip and eye tracking capabilities. Can Apple really deliver?
According to recent reports, Apple's iPad Pro will ship with a larger frame compared to Samsung's Galaxy Note Pro. The size of the iPad Pro will be big enough to be a suitable replacement for a MacBook. Analysts predicted that the device will be around 12.9 inches. It will be 0.7 inches bigger compared to its Samsung counterpart.
According to a report by Laptop Magazine, the screen for the iPad Pro will be the sharpest yet for Apple. Tech Radar also reported that the iPad Pro may come in two screen variations: 2k and 4K displays. The two display options will offer 2560 x 1600 and 4096 x 3072 resolution respectively.
The existing iPad Air comes with a 2048 x 1536 display.
Whereas the display is already an interesting aspect of the upcoming device, more reports back up Apple's inclusion of eye-tracking technology. It will serve as added security feature aside from the TouchID. The TouchID technology will reportedly be featured across all other tablet variations of Apple. The iPhone 5s was a test run for the company before implementing the feature on other devices.
The 4K display can also mean a new A8 chip for the device. Apple Insider reported the company kicking off production this April. According to reports, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) is helping out Apple to produce the upcoming mobile processor. Analysts believe this a move to minimize the role of Samsung further in the company.
Design and Trend reported that the iPad Pro is slated for a December release along with the iWatch. Susquehanna Financial Group analyst Christopher Caso shares in his investor's note:
"We have finally noted two new products on the production schedule, including a watch as well as a 12 inch tablet that contains a keyboard."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced