iPad Pro Release and Specs Roundup: Eye Tracking, A8 Chip, 4K 12.9-inch Display
By Precious Silva | April 9, 2014 5:16 PM EST
Apple will be releasing a range of major products in the second half of the year. According to recent information, it appears the tech giant will be pushing for the release of the iPad Pro. Reports suggest that the device will feature a 12.9-inch display, 4K, A8 processor chip and eye tracking capabilities. Can Apple really deliver?
According to recent reports, Apple's iPad Pro will ship with a larger frame compared to Samsung's Galaxy Note Pro. The size of the iPad Pro will be big enough to be a suitable replacement for a MacBook. Analysts predicted that the device will be around 12.9 inches. It will be 0.7 inches bigger compared to its Samsung counterpart.
According to a report by Laptop Magazine, the screen for the iPad Pro will be the sharpest yet for Apple. Tech Radar also reported that the iPad Pro may come in two screen variations: 2k and 4K displays. The two display options will offer 2560 x 1600 and 4096 x 3072 resolution respectively.
The existing iPad Air comes with a 2048 x 1536 display.
Whereas the display is already an interesting aspect of the upcoming device, more reports back up Apple's inclusion of eye-tracking technology. It will serve as added security feature aside from the TouchID. The TouchID technology will reportedly be featured across all other tablet variations of Apple. The iPhone 5s was a test run for the company before implementing the feature on other devices.
The 4K display can also mean a new A8 chip for the device. Apple Insider reported the company kicking off production this April. According to reports, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) is helping out Apple to produce the upcoming mobile processor. Analysts believe this a move to minimize the role of Samsung further in the company.
Design and Trend reported that the iPad Pro is slated for a December release along with the iWatch. Susquehanna Financial Group analyst Christopher Caso shares in his investor's note:
"We have finally noted two new products on the production schedule, including a watch as well as a 12 inch tablet that contains a keyboard."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family