Injury Sidelines Port Adelaide Forward Chad Wingard
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 9, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Port Adelaide's promising forward Chad Wingard will miss the upcoming match against Brisbane on Saturday, following his injury.
Chad suffered an injury in the ankle during the match against Kangaroos. He will now join his teammate Angus Monfries on the sideline in the upcoming match against Lions.
The current state of Wingard seems he will be off the field for at least three to four weeks due to a restrained hamstring. However, it has been confirmed by his coach Josh Carr that his treatment will not be done in haste
"At this stage it looks like he (Wingard) probably won't come up for this weekend, we'll go into the game definitely with a no-risk policy," Carr told to the reporters on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the 27-year-old Monfries seems to be in a better state as the recent scan of hamstring revealed he is out of danger. Monfries suffered the injury while chasing a loose ball against the match with North Melbourne on Sunday.
"It definitely pulled up [well], I spoke to him the next day and he compared it to what he did early last year ... That was real positive - you saw the way he went down you would have thought that it could have been a lot worse than what it was ... We get a lot of confidence out of that," Carr further added.
Monfries told Carr after the match the injury was pretty similar to the one he suffered during the 2013 pre-season showdown against Adelaide.
Jay Schulz was also cleared to play after he hurt his leg on Sunday.
The 20-year-old forward was outstanding this season, having an average of 18 possessions, three tackles, seven marks and scoring goals in most of the matches.
Chad made his debut in AFL for Port Adelaide in 2012, against St Kilda and became one of the most valuable players in the squad. Chad was also awarded the John Cahill Medal and also the Showdown Medal for his fabulous performance in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2