Injury Sidelines Port Adelaide Forward Chad Wingard
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 9, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Port Adelaide's promising forward Chad Wingard will miss the upcoming match against Brisbane on Saturday, following his injury.
Chad suffered an injury in the ankle during the match against Kangaroos. He will now join his teammate Angus Monfries on the sideline in the upcoming match against Lions.
The current state of Wingard seems he will be off the field for at least three to four weeks due to a restrained hamstring. However, it has been confirmed by his coach Josh Carr that his treatment will not be done in haste
"At this stage it looks like he (Wingard) probably won't come up for this weekend, we'll go into the game definitely with a no-risk policy," Carr told to the reporters on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the 27-year-old Monfries seems to be in a better state as the recent scan of hamstring revealed he is out of danger. Monfries suffered the injury while chasing a loose ball against the match with North Melbourne on Sunday.
"It definitely pulled up [well], I spoke to him the next day and he compared it to what he did early last year ... That was real positive - you saw the way he went down you would have thought that it could have been a lot worse than what it was ... We get a lot of confidence out of that," Carr further added.
Monfries told Carr after the match the injury was pretty similar to the one he suffered during the 2013 pre-season showdown against Adelaide.
Jay Schulz was also cleared to play after he hurt his leg on Sunday.
The 20-year-old forward was outstanding this season, having an average of 18 possessions, three tackles, seven marks and scoring goals in most of the matches.
Chad made his debut in AFL for Port Adelaide in 2012, against St Kilda and became one of the most valuable players in the squad. Chad was also awarded the John Cahill Medal and also the Showdown Medal for his fabulous performance in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money