Injury Sidelines Port Adelaide Forward Chad Wingard
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 9, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Port Adelaide's promising forward Chad Wingard will miss the upcoming match against Brisbane on Saturday, following his injury.
Chad suffered an injury in the ankle during the match against Kangaroos. He will now join his teammate Angus Monfries on the sideline in the upcoming match against Lions.
The current state of Wingard seems he will be off the field for at least three to four weeks due to a restrained hamstring. However, it has been confirmed by his coach Josh Carr that his treatment will not be done in haste
"At this stage it looks like he (Wingard) probably won't come up for this weekend, we'll go into the game definitely with a no-risk policy," Carr told to the reporters on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the 27-year-old Monfries seems to be in a better state as the recent scan of hamstring revealed he is out of danger. Monfries suffered the injury while chasing a loose ball against the match with North Melbourne on Sunday.
"It definitely pulled up [well], I spoke to him the next day and he compared it to what he did early last year ... That was real positive - you saw the way he went down you would have thought that it could have been a lot worse than what it was ... We get a lot of confidence out of that," Carr further added.
Monfries told Carr after the match the injury was pretty similar to the one he suffered during the 2013 pre-season showdown against Adelaide.
Jay Schulz was also cleared to play after he hurt his leg on Sunday.
The 20-year-old forward was outstanding this season, having an average of 18 possessions, three tackles, seven marks and scoring goals in most of the matches.
Chad made his debut in AFL for Port Adelaide in 2012, against St Kilda and became one of the most valuable players in the squad. Chad was also awarded the John Cahill Medal and also the Showdown Medal for his fabulous performance in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop