Injury Sidelines Port Adelaide Forward Chad Wingard
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 9, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Port Adelaide's promising forward Chad Wingard will miss the upcoming match against Brisbane on Saturday, following his injury.
Chad suffered an injury in the ankle during the match against Kangaroos. He will now join his teammate Angus Monfries on the sideline in the upcoming match against Lions.
The current state of Wingard seems he will be off the field for at least three to four weeks due to a restrained hamstring. However, it has been confirmed by his coach Josh Carr that his treatment will not be done in haste
"At this stage it looks like he (Wingard) probably won't come up for this weekend, we'll go into the game definitely with a no-risk policy," Carr told to the reporters on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the 27-year-old Monfries seems to be in a better state as the recent scan of hamstring revealed he is out of danger. Monfries suffered the injury while chasing a loose ball against the match with North Melbourne on Sunday.
"It definitely pulled up [well], I spoke to him the next day and he compared it to what he did early last year ... That was real positive - you saw the way he went down you would have thought that it could have been a lot worse than what it was ... We get a lot of confidence out of that," Carr further added.
Monfries told Carr after the match the injury was pretty similar to the one he suffered during the 2013 pre-season showdown against Adelaide.
Jay Schulz was also cleared to play after he hurt his leg on Sunday.
The 20-year-old forward was outstanding this season, having an average of 18 possessions, three tackles, seven marks and scoring goals in most of the matches.
Chad made his debut in AFL for Port Adelaide in 2012, against St Kilda and became one of the most valuable players in the squad. Chad was also awarded the John Cahill Medal and also the Showdown Medal for his fabulous performance in 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects