When will Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan', Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' Release?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 9, 2014 4:35 PM EST
Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan" and Kamal Haasan's "Uthama Villain" are among the most-awaited films of 2014. Fans of the two big stars are eagerly waiting for their films to hit screens.
Twitter/ Soundarya R Ashwin
Rajinikanth's new looks in 'Kochadaiyaan' (Credit: Twitter/ Soundarya R Ashwin)
"Kochadaiiyaan" has been in the making for nearly four years now. The film, which is touted to be India's first 3D performance capture, photorealistic film, was expected to hit theatres in 2013. However, the post production work has delayed its release.
The makers of "Kochadaiiyaan" are yet to lock the film's release date and officially announce it. But, there has been a buzz that the Rajinikanth starrer is likely to hit the screens on 1 May. The day seems to be perfect for the film's release as it is a public holiday (Labour Day) and will get a four-day opening weekend, which could ensure that the Rajini starrer registers a fantastic opening.
Moreover, the upcoming Lok Sabha elections will be over by 1 May in southern states including Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka. In Andhra Pradesh, the first phase of elections will be over by April, while the second phase will be conducted on 7 May. Even in other parts of the country, elections will mostly be completed by April. Considering all these, the makers might release the film on 1 May. However, it is being said that the "Kochadaiiyaan" team is also looking at 9 May as a possible date to release the film.
An official confirmation is still awaited in this regard. According to latest reports, the official release date will be announced via newspaper ads in a day or two.
Directed by Soundarya Rajini, "Kochadaiiyaan" will have Rajinikanth in dual roles. The historic drama flick boasts of an ensemble supporting cast including Deepika Padukone, Nassar, Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Jackie Shroff and Shobana.
Uthama Villain Release Date
Even as Kamal Haasan's spy thriller "Vishwaroopam 2" is yet to hit the screens, there has been a lot of buzz surrounding his next film "Uthama Villain."
The shooting of "Uthama Villain" is currently progressing at a brisk pace in India. It is being said that the film's shooting will be completed by 31 May, and if all goes well, the Kamal starrer might be hitting screens on the occasion of Vinayagar Chathurthi ( 29 August), according to Behindwoods website.
If "Uthama Villain" releases in August, it will be the second big release for its makers Thirrupathi Brothers in the same month. It may be remembered that Suriya's "Anjaan," jointly produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Thirrupathi Brothers, will be hitting screens on 15 August. Two weeks later, Kamal's "Uthama Villain" is likely to be out in theatres. However, there is no official word about the film's exact release date.
Directed by Ramesh Aravind, "Uthama Villain" has Kamal Haasan appearing in double roles. The film's other cast members include Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah, Urvashi, K. Vishwanath, K. Balachander, Jayaram, Parvathy Menon and MS Bhakar.
(Edited by Vanilla Sharma)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles