'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Actor Matt Davis to Return as Teacher and Hunter Alaric Saltzman on the Other Side?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 9, 2014 3:49 PM EST
The "Other Side" became an integral part of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 episodes as well as the characters in there. TVD fans are looking forward to see the familiar faces of their favorite character once again in the upcoming episodes, will the Mystic Falls history teacher/vampire hunter Alaric Saltzman be one of them?
"Vampire Diaries" cast member Michael Trevino (Tyler Lockwood) recently shared a group photo on Twitter that includes himself, the production crew of the CW TV series and his co-stars Zach Roerig (Matt Donovan) and actor Matt Davis (Alaric Saltzman). The Wet Paint report claims the photo was not captured on the TVD set but at a social setting.
— Michael Trevino (@Michael_Trevino) April 8, 2014
However, it does not mean that there is no longer a chance for Matt Davis to return as Alaric Saltzman in "The Vampire Diaries." Executive producers Caroline Dries and Julie Plec have previously teased about the return of some fan-favorite characters in the "Other Side" and Alaric Saltzman could be one of them.
The upcoming episodes will be focusing as well on Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham), the Anchor to the Other Side. There is an on-going fan discussion whether Bonnie survives being an Anchor or not in Season 5 since the "Other Side" is disintegrating.
The TVD executive producers have been teasing as well about how things are looking for Bonnie and a lot of goodbyes to be said in the season finale episode. Additionally, the upcoming Season 5, Episode 19 titled "Man of Fire" synopsis revealed that Bonnie will be "doing her best to be realistic about how the changes happening on the Other Side will affect her existence as the Anchor."
However, the extent of how the disintegration of the Other Side affects Bonnie is still unknown. "We raise the question, 'Can you even kill Bonnie? What would happen? When she's in danger, the whole Other Side is in jeopardy, so it's a big deal to keep her safe," Ms Dries teased in the Wet Paint report.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 returns on Thursday night, April 17, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network with the Paul Wesley-directed Episode 18 titled "Resident Evil."
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Upcoming Episode Scene Filmed in a Cemetery, Fans to Say Goodbye to a TVD Character in Finale? - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Attend Humane Society Gala with Girlfriend Phoebe Tonkin of 'The Originals' - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Enzo's Lady Love Maggie Makes First Appearance in Episode 19 Titled 'Man of Fire' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists