Miley Cyrus Opens Up About Liam Hemsworth Break-up With Elle Magazine, Read the Interesting Details
By nidhi tewari | April 9, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has spoken about her split from Liam Hemsworth in the latest interview with Elle magazine. The 21-year-old said that she was quite heart broken when she split with Liam after getting engaged to him for a long time and for once "thought she would have died" if she didn't have a man in her life. However Miley came out as a strong woman who rather focused on building her career instead of brooding over her break-up at that time.
Australian actor Liam Hemsworth is reportedly missing his former fiancée Miley Cyrus and wants to give their relationship another shot. (Reuters)
Miley's break-up with Liam also coincided with her contract getting over with Disney, which launched her as Hannah Montana. At that time, Miley was not sure how she would be able to cope after losing two strong bonds from life. She was not sure what to do with her life and it made her anxious. But surprisingly Miley says she did okay and emerged stronger.
"When I went through a really intense breakup-you know, I was engaged-and when I was with him or when I was on Disney, the thing that gave me the most anxiety was not knowing what to do with myself when Disney wasn't there to carry me anymore or if I didn't have him," Miley told Elle magazine.
But Miley says that today she feels so good about her life after that intense period.
"And now I'm free of both of those things, and I'm fine. Like, I lay in bed at night by myself and I'm totally okay, and that's so much stronger than the person three years ago, who would have thought they would have died if they didn't have a boyfriend," the "Bangerz" beauty revealed.
The interviewer then talked to Miley about her connection with her fans and what she thinks about feminism. Miley is of the opinion that her fans are the reason why she wakes up in the morning feeling good. She believes she inspires her fans to be what you are and don't be afraid of your true self.
"I have guys and girls that come out, and they're like, 'the only reason I'm able to admit that I'm gay is because you've made me feel like that's okay.' That is so intense, because that is a part of this generation-it wasn't always accepted-and I feel like I am a big part of that change," the "Wrecking Ball" songstress said.
Miley then goes one to reveal that she still feel that men and women are not treated equally, even in the music scenario. She gives an example of how rappers are allowed to grab their crotch every time they sing with scantily clad women but if she as a woman tries to do the same, she gets questioned and is called vulgar and blamed for degrading women.
That is Miley for you in Elle magazine. The entire interview will be available digitally on April 15. Do you think this interview will change the perspective of Miley Cyrus? Do you think she will be taken more seriously after the entire interview comes out? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales