Miley Cyrus Opens Up About Liam Hemsworth Break-up With Elle Magazine, Read the Interesting Details
By nidhi tewari | April 9, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has spoken about her split from Liam Hemsworth in the latest interview with Elle magazine. The 21-year-old said that she was quite heart broken when she split with Liam after getting engaged to him for a long time and for once "thought she would have died" if she didn't have a man in her life. However Miley came out as a strong woman who rather focused on building her career instead of brooding over her break-up at that time.
Australian actor Liam Hemsworth is reportedly missing his former fiancée Miley Cyrus and wants to give their relationship another shot. (Reuters)
Miley's break-up with Liam also coincided with her contract getting over with Disney, which launched her as Hannah Montana. At that time, Miley was not sure how she would be able to cope after losing two strong bonds from life. She was not sure what to do with her life and it made her anxious. But surprisingly Miley says she did okay and emerged stronger.
"When I went through a really intense breakup-you know, I was engaged-and when I was with him or when I was on Disney, the thing that gave me the most anxiety was not knowing what to do with myself when Disney wasn't there to carry me anymore or if I didn't have him," Miley told Elle magazine.
But Miley says that today she feels so good about her life after that intense period.
"And now I'm free of both of those things, and I'm fine. Like, I lay in bed at night by myself and I'm totally okay, and that's so much stronger than the person three years ago, who would have thought they would have died if they didn't have a boyfriend," the "Bangerz" beauty revealed.
The interviewer then talked to Miley about her connection with her fans and what she thinks about feminism. Miley is of the opinion that her fans are the reason why she wakes up in the morning feeling good. She believes she inspires her fans to be what you are and don't be afraid of your true self.
"I have guys and girls that come out, and they're like, 'the only reason I'm able to admit that I'm gay is because you've made me feel like that's okay.' That is so intense, because that is a part of this generation-it wasn't always accepted-and I feel like I am a big part of that change," the "Wrecking Ball" songstress said.
Miley then goes one to reveal that she still feel that men and women are not treated equally, even in the music scenario. She gives an example of how rappers are allowed to grab their crotch every time they sing with scantily clad women but if she as a woman tries to do the same, she gets questioned and is called vulgar and blamed for degrading women.
That is Miley for you in Elle magazine. The entire interview will be available digitally on April 15. Do you think this interview will change the perspective of Miley Cyrus? Do you think she will be taken more seriously after the entire interview comes out? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video