Champions League Quarterfinals: Chelsea vs PSG Highlights, Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 9, 2014 2:11 PM EST
Chelsea pulled off yet another great escape, with Demba Ba providing the winner in the final moments to send the English Premier League side through to the semifinals at the expense of PSG.
Leading 3-1 going into the second leg at Stamford Bridge, PSG would have thought they had one foot, and a little bit, in the semifinals, but what transpired was yet another inspirational Chelsea European night.
Andre Schurrle was the man to kick off the comeback in the 32nd minute, slamming home off a knock-on from David Luiz, with PSG caught napping from a long throw-in.
Chelsea had a couple of glorious chances to take a 2-0 lead which would see them through on away goals, but Schurrle's thundering strike smashed onto the crossbar, before Oscar did the same off a freekick a moment later.
Edinson Cavani, leading the line for PSG in the absence of the injured Zlatan Ibrahimovic, missed a wonderful chance to kill the tie off a little later, lashing his left-footed shit high after running in behind the Chelsea defenders.
That miss would prove to be costly, as Chelsea, courtesy the long foot of Demba Ba, made it 2-0 in the 87th minute, with the Blues then holding on in the final moments to seal their passage into the semifinals on the away goals rule, after the tie finished 3-3 on aggregate.
In the second game, Marco Reus almost ended Real Madrid's hopes of a La Decima, scoring two goals, as Borussia Dortmund fell marginally short, with Real's 3-0 victory in the first leg proving to be decisive as they eked out a 3-2 aggregate victory.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand