Champions League Quarterfinals: Chelsea vs PSG Highlights, Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 9, 2014 2:11 PM EST
Chelsea pulled off yet another great escape, with Demba Ba providing the winner in the final moments to send the English Premier League side through to the semifinals at the expense of PSG.
Leading 3-1 going into the second leg at Stamford Bridge, PSG would have thought they had one foot, and a little bit, in the semifinals, but what transpired was yet another inspirational Chelsea European night.
Andre Schurrle was the man to kick off the comeback in the 32nd minute, slamming home off a knock-on from David Luiz, with PSG caught napping from a long throw-in.
Chelsea had a couple of glorious chances to take a 2-0 lead which would see them through on away goals, but Schurrle's thundering strike smashed onto the crossbar, before Oscar did the same off a freekick a moment later.
Edinson Cavani, leading the line for PSG in the absence of the injured Zlatan Ibrahimovic, missed a wonderful chance to kill the tie off a little later, lashing his left-footed shit high after running in behind the Chelsea defenders.
That miss would prove to be costly, as Chelsea, courtesy the long foot of Demba Ba, made it 2-0 in the 87th minute, with the Blues then holding on in the final moments to seal their passage into the semifinals on the away goals rule, after the tie finished 3-3 on aggregate.
In the second game, Marco Reus almost ended Real Madrid's hopes of a La Decima, scoring two goals, as Borussia Dortmund fell marginally short, with Real's 3-0 victory in the first leg proving to be decisive as they eked out a 3-2 aggregate victory.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation