Champions League Quarterfinals: Chelsea vs PSG Highlights, Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 9, 2014 2:11 PM EST
Chelsea pulled off yet another great escape, with Demba Ba providing the winner in the final moments to send the English Premier League side through to the semifinals at the expense of PSG.
Leading 3-1 going into the second leg at Stamford Bridge, PSG would have thought they had one foot, and a little bit, in the semifinals, but what transpired was yet another inspirational Chelsea European night.
Andre Schurrle was the man to kick off the comeback in the 32nd minute, slamming home off a knock-on from David Luiz, with PSG caught napping from a long throw-in.
Chelsea had a couple of glorious chances to take a 2-0 lead which would see them through on away goals, but Schurrle's thundering strike smashed onto the crossbar, before Oscar did the same off a freekick a moment later.
Edinson Cavani, leading the line for PSG in the absence of the injured Zlatan Ibrahimovic, missed a wonderful chance to kill the tie off a little later, lashing his left-footed shit high after running in behind the Chelsea defenders.
That miss would prove to be costly, as Chelsea, courtesy the long foot of Demba Ba, made it 2-0 in the 87th minute, with the Blues then holding on in the final moments to seal their passage into the semifinals on the away goals rule, after the tie finished 3-3 on aggregate.
In the second game, Marco Reus almost ended Real Madrid's hopes of a La Decima, scoring two goals, as Borussia Dortmund fell marginally short, with Real's 3-0 victory in the first leg proving to be decisive as they eked out a 3-2 aggregate victory.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho