Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Update Rolls Out in Mid-April to Nexus 5, 7 and Google Play Edition Devices
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 9, 2014 1:51 PM EST
The Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update was expected to roll out in mid-April to Nexus 5, Nexus 7 tablet and Google Play Edition devices.
Android 4.4 (KitKat) - Which smartphone and tablets will get the update?
The new Kitkat OS update is designed to fix the bugs in the 4.4.2 version of the Kitkat OS, including a major bug called 'mm-qcamera-daemon', which causes the camera to work in the background processes.
The bug also drains the battery and uses a huge amount of power due to high CPU usage regardless if the user is using the camera or not. However, users must not expect any cosmetic changes or any new features. Google might save new features and UI changes for the next major version of Android.
Other bug fixes that are included in the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update are: Frequent connection drops with mobile data; Regularise camera focus; HDR mode issues; Power manager display wake up lock; Multiple Bluetooth problems; Other known bugs plaguing the camera app; Random reboots; USB debugging security issues; App shortcuts security issues; Malfunctioning of Wi-Fi auto-connect; Missed call LED; Inaccurate data usage graph; Issues with email and MS exchange sync; Bugs in calendar, contract, dialler and people apps; DSP errors; and IPv6 and VPN network issues.
Google usually roll out new Android updates during the working week rather than the weekend. Moreover, the update was rolled out in stages. This means that some users will receive the latest update first until Google has ensured smooth delivery of the OS update.
It is most likely that Nexus devices will be the first in line to receive the new OS update. According to the ROM developer and HTC insider LlabTooFeR, HTC One Google Play Edition will also be one of the first recipients of the new Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates