Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS Update Rolls Out in Mid-April to Nexus 5, 7 and Google Play Edition Devices
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 9, 2014 1:51 PM EST
The Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update was expected to roll out in mid-April to Nexus 5, Nexus 7 tablet and Google Play Edition devices.
Android 4.4 (KitKat) - Which smartphone and tablets will get the update?
The new Kitkat OS update is designed to fix the bugs in the 4.4.2 version of the Kitkat OS, including a major bug called 'mm-qcamera-daemon', which causes the camera to work in the background processes.
The bug also drains the battery and uses a huge amount of power due to high CPU usage regardless if the user is using the camera or not. However, users must not expect any cosmetic changes or any new features. Google might save new features and UI changes for the next major version of Android.
Other bug fixes that are included in the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OS update are: Frequent connection drops with mobile data; Regularise camera focus; HDR mode issues; Power manager display wake up lock; Multiple Bluetooth problems; Other known bugs plaguing the camera app; Random reboots; USB debugging security issues; App shortcuts security issues; Malfunctioning of Wi-Fi auto-connect; Missed call LED; Inaccurate data usage graph; Issues with email and MS exchange sync; Bugs in calendar, contract, dialler and people apps; DSP errors; and IPv6 and VPN network issues.
Google usually roll out new Android updates during the working week rather than the weekend. Moreover, the update was rolled out in stages. This means that some users will receive the latest update first until Google has ensured smooth delivery of the OS update.
It is most likely that Nexus devices will be the first in line to receive the new OS update. According to the ROM developer and HTC insider LlabTooFeR, HTC One Google Play Edition will also be one of the first recipients of the new Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine