PS4 News: Free Second Son Fan Kit, Project Morpheus to Get VR Game and PS Store Updated with New Games
By Gel Galang | April 9, 2014 1:42 PM EST
"We have been absolutely thrilled to see and hear the response to the launch of Second Son via Twitter, Facebook and/or forums. We've seen some amazing #PS4share and Easter egg screen shots... keep them coming," said the developer. "As a thank you to you all, we've collected some Second Son assets into a kit and posted on our web site for all to use."
The Second Son Fan Kit contains renders and wallpapers of the main characters of the game, artwork that even includes Delsin's tattoo, Delson's beanie, DUP signage, and 2D cutscene artwork, to name a few, and a ringtone for every major smartphone format.
It's a pretty sweet thank you to fans, and you can get it in the link above. What are your thoughts on inFamous: Second Son so far?
PS Store updates: New games coming in
Sony's PlayStation Blog has another update on the PS Store as new games become up for grabs or open for preorders, starting with preorders for PS4 and PS3 versions Child of Light ($14.99).
Four PS4 games have also just entered the PS Store. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is free to download, while the addictive King Oddball is out for $6.99. There's Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut, a futuristic game, which you can get for $19.99.
LEGO The Hobbit, an interactive game that features and follows the adventures of Bilbio Baggins the Hobbit of the novel and movie can be yours for $59.99 on the PS4, $29.99 on the PS Vita and $49.99 on the PS3. Another PS3 game debuting on the PS Store is Sonic Unleashed for $19.99, which is an adventure game that's backed by an all-new engine that renders 3D environments.
For demos, you can check out King Oddball on the PS4 as well as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle on the PS3. PlayStation Plus also features the awaited Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark.
nDreams to show a major VR project at E3
The advent of virtual reality in gaming has already come in the sense that events like the E3 won't seem to be complete without news of a virtual reality game being showcased here and there--and indie developer nDreams has just announced that it will be debuting a VR project at the E3 2014.
VRFocus reports that this is a major project, and it will also be the first time that the game will be seen by the public.
"Lots of work going on ready for E3. It's going to be the most important show in our history, when we'll show off our first major VR game," said the developer in a tweet on their official nDreams Twitter as quoted by VRFocus.
There are any details revealed, though the developer has been working on projects for both the PS4's Project Morpheus and the Oculus Rift headset. This can mean that the game may be coming to the PS4 and PC, as there have been no concrete mention yet of whether or not the Xbox One will go for the Oculus Rift or if it is making its own VR head gear.
Given that Oculus Rift is compatible with current and next-gen platforms, it can mean that the Xbox One is not yet out of the picture when it comes to virtual reality.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales