PS4 News: Free Second Son Fan Kit, Project Morpheus to Get VR Game and PS Store Updated with New Games
By Gel Galang | April 9, 2014 1:42 PM EST
"We have been absolutely thrilled to see and hear the response to the launch of Second Son via Twitter, Facebook and/or forums. We've seen some amazing #PS4share and Easter egg screen shots... keep them coming," said the developer. "As a thank you to you all, we've collected some Second Son assets into a kit and posted on our web site for all to use."
The Second Son Fan Kit contains renders and wallpapers of the main characters of the game, artwork that even includes Delsin's tattoo, Delson's beanie, DUP signage, and 2D cutscene artwork, to name a few, and a ringtone for every major smartphone format.
It's a pretty sweet thank you to fans, and you can get it in the link above. What are your thoughts on inFamous: Second Son so far?
PS Store updates: New games coming in
Sony's PlayStation Blog has another update on the PS Store as new games become up for grabs or open for preorders, starting with preorders for PS4 and PS3 versions Child of Light ($14.99).
Four PS4 games have also just entered the PS Store. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is free to download, while the addictive King Oddball is out for $6.99. There's Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut, a futuristic game, which you can get for $19.99.
LEGO The Hobbit, an interactive game that features and follows the adventures of Bilbio Baggins the Hobbit of the novel and movie can be yours for $59.99 on the PS4, $29.99 on the PS Vita and $49.99 on the PS3. Another PS3 game debuting on the PS Store is Sonic Unleashed for $19.99, which is an adventure game that's backed by an all-new engine that renders 3D environments.
For demos, you can check out King Oddball on the PS4 as well as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle on the PS3. PlayStation Plus also features the awaited Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark.
nDreams to show a major VR project at E3
The advent of virtual reality in gaming has already come in the sense that events like the E3 won't seem to be complete without news of a virtual reality game being showcased here and there--and indie developer nDreams has just announced that it will be debuting a VR project at the E3 2014.
VRFocus reports that this is a major project, and it will also be the first time that the game will be seen by the public.
"Lots of work going on ready for E3. It's going to be the most important show in our history, when we'll show off our first major VR game," said the developer in a tweet on their official nDreams Twitter as quoted by VRFocus.
There are any details revealed, though the developer has been working on projects for both the PS4's Project Morpheus and the Oculus Rift headset. This can mean that the game may be coming to the PS4 and PC, as there have been no concrete mention yet of whether or not the Xbox One will go for the Oculus Rift or if it is making its own VR head gear.
Given that Oculus Rift is compatible with current and next-gen platforms, it can mean that the Xbox One is not yet out of the picture when it comes to virtual reality.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Useful Tips For Moto X And Moto G: Lock Screen Notifications, Quick Settings And Privacy
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop List Of Bugs And Ways To Resolve On Nexus 5, Nexus 7 And Nexus 9
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- iPhone 8 Speculation: Exciting Big Leap From The iPhone 6
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary