Titanfall on Minecraft Mod and Minecraft 1.7.6 Already Out for the Playing
By Gel Galang | April 9, 2014 12:14 PM EST
Following the way that The Simpsons has parodied Minecraft for its intro, you know that something has become part of culture in general once it becomes "Minecraft-ified."
In this case, it's the much-played and very well-received shooter game Titanfall. The mod is called Ironfall, and as spotted by Cinema Blend, it is the latest playable mod that Minecraft and Titanfall fans will both love.
"When we saw Titanfall, we knew right away that we would have to try and remake it, to the best of our abilities, in Minecraft," said the creator over at imgur, where they are currently documenting the creation of the mod. "This is Ironfall, the product of that idea."
The creators have stated that there's only one map, Rise, for now as they are still currently recreating the other Titanfall maps. The mechanics of the game requires eight players with four golems per team at a time. Every game follows Attrition, where points are scored whenever you kill enemy Golems or Pilots, and it's a race to a 100-point win.
The available screenshots also feature both the Pilot mode and inside a Golem mode, where the latter shows you a bar displaying your health as well as the changing weapon selection.
It's also going to be a very trigger-happy games, as the creators have already made a lot of promising weapons, but are still working on a couple of features. Ironfall is still very much in its early stages, but you can already see it in action in this video.
Minecraft 1.7.6 pre-release log
Also, those who are following the update for Minecraft 1.7.6 should know that the pre-release is already available on Mojang's official web site. Crashes and bugs have already been fixed, but one thing to note is that it will be the big step for one of the most awaited features in Minecraft, according to Mojang.
"This is a huge step towards one of the most requested features since the birth of Minecraft: Name changes! This version provides complete support for identifying players through unique IDs and not by names, so that no matter what a player is called they will remain banned/whitelisted/oped/etc on servers."
Enabling name changes are still being worked on by the developers, as it seems that they want to create a system that will allow the name changing to be easy, but not so much that people will change names as frequently. Also, one interesting fact is that even though you may change your name, there are exclusive names that, if already owned by someone, you can't have your name be the same as another's, unless they change it first.
Read up on some of the details of the pre-release in the link above to get yourself updated with the upcoming feature.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?