Titanfall on Minecraft Mod and Minecraft 1.7.6 Already Out for the Playing
By Gel Galang | April 9, 2014 12:14 PM EST
Following the way that The Simpsons has parodied Minecraft for its intro, you know that something has become part of culture in general once it becomes "Minecraft-ified."
In this case, it's the much-played and very well-received shooter game Titanfall. The mod is called Ironfall, and as spotted by Cinema Blend, it is the latest playable mod that Minecraft and Titanfall fans will both love.
"When we saw Titanfall, we knew right away that we would have to try and remake it, to the best of our abilities, in Minecraft," said the creator over at imgur, where they are currently documenting the creation of the mod. "This is Ironfall, the product of that idea."
The creators have stated that there's only one map, Rise, for now as they are still currently recreating the other Titanfall maps. The mechanics of the game requires eight players with four golems per team at a time. Every game follows Attrition, where points are scored whenever you kill enemy Golems or Pilots, and it's a race to a 100-point win.
The available screenshots also feature both the Pilot mode and inside a Golem mode, where the latter shows you a bar displaying your health as well as the changing weapon selection.
It's also going to be a very trigger-happy games, as the creators have already made a lot of promising weapons, but are still working on a couple of features. Ironfall is still very much in its early stages, but you can already see it in action in this video.
Minecraft 1.7.6 pre-release log
Also, those who are following the update for Minecraft 1.7.6 should know that the pre-release is already available on Mojang's official web site. Crashes and bugs have already been fixed, but one thing to note is that it will be the big step for one of the most awaited features in Minecraft, according to Mojang.
"This is a huge step towards one of the most requested features since the birth of Minecraft: Name changes! This version provides complete support for identifying players through unique IDs and not by names, so that no matter what a player is called they will remain banned/whitelisted/oped/etc on servers."
Enabling name changes are still being worked on by the developers, as it seems that they want to create a system that will allow the name changing to be easy, but not so much that people will change names as frequently. Also, one interesting fact is that even though you may change your name, there are exclusive names that, if already owned by someone, you can't have your name be the same as another's, unless they change it first.
Read up on some of the details of the pre-release in the link above to get yourself updated with the upcoming feature.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier