Titanfall on Minecraft Mod and Minecraft 1.7.6 Already Out for the Playing
By Gel Galang | April 9, 2014 12:14 PM EST
Following the way that The Simpsons has parodied Minecraft for its intro, you know that something has become part of culture in general once it becomes "Minecraft-ified."
In this case, it's the much-played and very well-received shooter game Titanfall. The mod is called Ironfall, and as spotted by Cinema Blend, it is the latest playable mod that Minecraft and Titanfall fans will both love.
"When we saw Titanfall, we knew right away that we would have to try and remake it, to the best of our abilities, in Minecraft," said the creator over at imgur, where they are currently documenting the creation of the mod. "This is Ironfall, the product of that idea."
The creators have stated that there's only one map, Rise, for now as they are still currently recreating the other Titanfall maps. The mechanics of the game requires eight players with four golems per team at a time. Every game follows Attrition, where points are scored whenever you kill enemy Golems or Pilots, and it's a race to a 100-point win.
The available screenshots also feature both the Pilot mode and inside a Golem mode, where the latter shows you a bar displaying your health as well as the changing weapon selection.
It's also going to be a very trigger-happy games, as the creators have already made a lot of promising weapons, but are still working on a couple of features. Ironfall is still very much in its early stages, but you can already see it in action in this video.
Minecraft 1.7.6 pre-release log
Also, those who are following the update for Minecraft 1.7.6 should know that the pre-release is already available on Mojang's official web site. Crashes and bugs have already been fixed, but one thing to note is that it will be the big step for one of the most awaited features in Minecraft, according to Mojang.
"This is a huge step towards one of the most requested features since the birth of Minecraft: Name changes! This version provides complete support for identifying players through unique IDs and not by names, so that no matter what a player is called they will remain banned/whitelisted/oped/etc on servers."
Enabling name changes are still being worked on by the developers, as it seems that they want to create a system that will allow the name changing to be easy, but not so much that people will change names as frequently. Also, one interesting fact is that even though you may change your name, there are exclusive names that, if already owned by someone, you can't have your name be the same as another's, unless they change it first.
Read up on some of the details of the pre-release in the link above to get yourself updated with the upcoming feature.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]