'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 7 - Top 8 Goes Back to the '80s' Airs April 9, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 9, 2014 12:03 PM EST
It's "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) Top 8 Part 2! Last week's results show proved to be a celebratory one as the AI judges used the one save that let them haul out idol hopeful Sam Woolf from rock bottom.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. pose at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
Last week, "American Idol" took a climb -- even if it wasn't that staggering as the Idol Nation continues to hope for -- when the idol hopefuls sang their audition pieces on the idol stage. Reviews claim that the performances weren't so bad compared to previous weeks when the idol contestants were just plain lost on the stage.
But, it appeared that Sam Woolf, C.J. Harris and Malaya Watson didn't put that much impact on last week's performance as they were put in the bottom three. However, it was Sam Woolf who got voted off.
"American Idol" judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. didn't have the same thoughts as the voters, though. Lopez, Urban and Connick made a unanimous decision to save Sam Woolf from a possible elimination and give him another chance to perform, again, this week.
But this week might be another tough time for Sam as "American Idol" takes on a new theme. During the live performance show last week, "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest had asked viewers to send song suggestions for the idol finalists through Twitter #IdolRequest, but it appears that suggestions wouldn't be so much of use this week.
The idol hopefuls will be battling some 80's songs for Finals Week 7. According to "American Idol" Season 13 spoilers from TVLine, Wednesday night's performance will take the idol stage back to the '80s. This is the time of the season, again, when the idol finalists have to go back to a year when most of them weren't even born yet.
Frontrunners of AI Season 13 Caleb Johnson and Jessica Meuse might just be easily picking their songs, but the younger ones Sam Woolf, who almost got eliminated on Finals Week 6, and Jena Ascuitto may struggle a bit.
But, as always, whatever happens on the show, all hopes are up. So who are you rooting for? Don't forget to stay tuned on "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) on FOX at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports