'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 7 - Top 8 Goes Back to the '80s' Airs April 9, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 9, 2014 12:03 PM EST
It's "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) Top 8 Part 2! Last week's results show proved to be a celebratory one as the AI judges used the one save that let them haul out idol hopeful Sam Woolf from rock bottom.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. pose at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
Last week, "American Idol" took a climb -- even if it wasn't that staggering as the Idol Nation continues to hope for -- when the idol hopefuls sang their audition pieces on the idol stage. Reviews claim that the performances weren't so bad compared to previous weeks when the idol contestants were just plain lost on the stage.
But, it appeared that Sam Woolf, C.J. Harris and Malaya Watson didn't put that much impact on last week's performance as they were put in the bottom three. However, it was Sam Woolf who got voted off.
"American Idol" judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. didn't have the same thoughts as the voters, though. Lopez, Urban and Connick made a unanimous decision to save Sam Woolf from a possible elimination and give him another chance to perform, again, this week.
But this week might be another tough time for Sam as "American Idol" takes on a new theme. During the live performance show last week, "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest had asked viewers to send song suggestions for the idol finalists through Twitter #IdolRequest, but it appears that suggestions wouldn't be so much of use this week.
The idol hopefuls will be battling some 80's songs for Finals Week 7. According to "American Idol" Season 13 spoilers from TVLine, Wednesday night's performance will take the idol stage back to the '80s. This is the time of the season, again, when the idol finalists have to go back to a year when most of them weren't even born yet.
Frontrunners of AI Season 13 Caleb Johnson and Jessica Meuse might just be easily picking their songs, but the younger ones Sam Woolf, who almost got eliminated on Finals Week 6, and Jena Ascuitto may struggle a bit.
But, as always, whatever happens on the show, all hopes are up. So who are you rooting for? Don't forget to stay tuned on "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) on FOX at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM