'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 7 - Top 8 Goes Back to the '80s' Airs April 9, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 9, 2014 12:03 PM EST
It's "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) Top 8 Part 2! Last week's results show proved to be a celebratory one as the AI judges used the one save that let them haul out idol hopeful Sam Woolf from rock bottom.
Singers and judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. pose at the party for the finalists of "American Idol XIII" in West Hollywood, California February 20, 2014.
Last week, "American Idol" took a climb -- even if it wasn't that staggering as the Idol Nation continues to hope for -- when the idol hopefuls sang their audition pieces on the idol stage. Reviews claim that the performances weren't so bad compared to previous weeks when the idol contestants were just plain lost on the stage.
But, it appeared that Sam Woolf, C.J. Harris and Malaya Watson didn't put that much impact on last week's performance as they were put in the bottom three. However, it was Sam Woolf who got voted off.
"American Idol" judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. didn't have the same thoughts as the voters, though. Lopez, Urban and Connick made a unanimous decision to save Sam Woolf from a possible elimination and give him another chance to perform, again, this week.
But this week might be another tough time for Sam as "American Idol" takes on a new theme. During the live performance show last week, "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest had asked viewers to send song suggestions for the idol finalists through Twitter #IdolRequest, but it appears that suggestions wouldn't be so much of use this week.
The idol hopefuls will be battling some 80's songs for Finals Week 7. According to "American Idol" Season 13 spoilers from TVLine, Wednesday night's performance will take the idol stage back to the '80s. This is the time of the season, again, when the idol finalists have to go back to a year when most of them weren't even born yet.
Frontrunners of AI Season 13 Caleb Johnson and Jessica Meuse might just be easily picking their songs, but the younger ones Sam Woolf, who almost got eliminated on Finals Week 6, and Jena Ascuitto may struggle a bit.
But, as always, whatever happens on the show, all hopes are up. So who are you rooting for? Don't forget to stay tuned on "American Idol" 2014 (Season 13) on FOX at 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET/PT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage