‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Spoilers, Recap: Team Blake Performs, Two Contestants Sent Home in Shocking Double Elimination
By jaskiran kaur | April 9, 2014 11:49 AM EST
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) kicked off The Playoffs on Tuesday night, April 8, 2014 in episode 17. In this round, the top 20 contestants will perform for their four coaches- Adam Levine, Shakira, Usher and Blake Shelton- who will evaluate them on the basis of their individual performances. Here is a full recap of what happened on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17. Find out who got eliminated and who moved on to the next level. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17. Read only if you want to learn more about the episode.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs
On Monday night's episode of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014), wrapped up it's the Battles, round 2 and the top 32 contestants were reduced to top 20 who will now compete in The Playoffs round. Unlike previous season, this season playoffs will not be live and live voting process will not open until top 12 are selected. For the first time public involvement has been delayed and America will not be voting for the contestants performing in The Playoffs. Top 20 contestants will deliver an individual performance each on the basis of which Shakira, Adam Levine, Usher and Blake Shelton will judge them and select top 12 who will proceed to the next round of live shows and the rest will be sent home. Read on to find out what happened on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17: Performance Recap (Spoilers)
At this point, all the four teams-Team Adam, Team Shakira, Team Usher and Team Blake- have five contestants each. Each coach will eliminate two contestants from their team and keep three who will move on to become top 12.
On Tuesday night in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 Team Blake took over the stage and all five artists performed one after the other.
Taking over the stage first during "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 was Audra McLaughlin. Audra sang "Broken Wing" by Martina McBride in a well appreciated performance.
Next was Ryan Whyte Maloney who sang "Second Chance" by Shinedown. Coach Blake feels this is a difficult song.
Madilyn Paige was the next one to perform on the stage of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) from Team Blake. She sang "Clarity" by Zedd featuring Foxes.
Jake Worthington took over the stage next and sang "Anywhere With You" by Jake Owen. He dedicated this song to his girlfriend.
Last performance on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 was delivered by Sisaundra Lewis who is quite a performer. She sang "New York State of Ming" by Billy Joel.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17: Elimination Recap (Spoilers)
After five enthralling performances, Coach Blake Shelton made the tough decision of eliminating two contestants from his team.
The artists who will move on to participate in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Live Shows from Team Blake are Audra McLaughlin, Jake Worthington and Sisaundra Lewis.
The artists who were eliminated on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 are Ryan Whyte Maloney and Madilyn Paige.
After undergoing the double elimination process based on Coach Blake Shelton's judgment, Team Blake is now narrowed down to just three artists who will perform in Live Shows that are expected to begin on April 21, 2014. Meanwhile, the show will continue with The Playoffs next week. Five more contestants from another team will perform on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Part 2 Episode 18 on April 14. So stay tuned to NBC at 8 Pm and come back for more spoilers and recap, here.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Blind Auditions and Battles Round read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal