‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Spoilers, Recap: Team Blake Performs, Two Contestants Sent Home in Shocking Double Elimination
By jaskiran kaur | April 9, 2014 11:49 AM EST
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) kicked off The Playoffs on Tuesday night, April 8, 2014 in episode 17. In this round, the top 20 contestants will perform for their four coaches- Adam Levine, Shakira, Usher and Blake Shelton- who will evaluate them on the basis of their individual performances. Here is a full recap of what happened on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17. Find out who got eliminated and who moved on to the next level. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17. Read only if you want to learn more about the episode.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs
On Monday night's episode of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014), wrapped up it's the Battles, round 2 and the top 32 contestants were reduced to top 20 who will now compete in The Playoffs round. Unlike previous season, this season playoffs will not be live and live voting process will not open until top 12 are selected. For the first time public involvement has been delayed and America will not be voting for the contestants performing in The Playoffs. Top 20 contestants will deliver an individual performance each on the basis of which Shakira, Adam Levine, Usher and Blake Shelton will judge them and select top 12 who will proceed to the next round of live shows and the rest will be sent home. Read on to find out what happened on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17: Performance Recap (Spoilers)
At this point, all the four teams-Team Adam, Team Shakira, Team Usher and Team Blake- have five contestants each. Each coach will eliminate two contestants from their team and keep three who will move on to become top 12.
On Tuesday night in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 Team Blake took over the stage and all five artists performed one after the other.
Taking over the stage first during "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 was Audra McLaughlin. Audra sang "Broken Wing" by Martina McBride in a well appreciated performance.
Next was Ryan Whyte Maloney who sang "Second Chance" by Shinedown. Coach Blake feels this is a difficult song.
Madilyn Paige was the next one to perform on the stage of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) from Team Blake. She sang "Clarity" by Zedd featuring Foxes.
Jake Worthington took over the stage next and sang "Anywhere With You" by Jake Owen. He dedicated this song to his girlfriend.
Last performance on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 was delivered by Sisaundra Lewis who is quite a performer. She sang "New York State of Ming" by Billy Joel.
'The Voice' Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17: Elimination Recap (Spoilers)
After five enthralling performances, Coach Blake Shelton made the tough decision of eliminating two contestants from his team.
The artists who will move on to participate in "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Live Shows from Team Blake are Audra McLaughlin, Jake Worthington and Sisaundra Lewis.
The artists who were eliminated on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs-Part 1 Episode 17 are Ryan Whyte Maloney and Madilyn Paige.
After undergoing the double elimination process based on Coach Blake Shelton's judgment, Team Blake is now narrowed down to just three artists who will perform in Live Shows that are expected to begin on April 21, 2014. Meanwhile, the show will continue with The Playoffs next week. Five more contestants from another team will perform on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) The Playoffs Part 2 Episode 18 on April 14. So stay tuned to NBC at 8 Pm and come back for more spoilers and recap, here.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Blind Auditions and Battles Round read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists